Quinnen Williams now looking to impart wisdom on Jets’ youngsters

Quinnen Williams arrived to his media availability on Monday carrying a particular T-shirt. 

It had an image of him carrying a inexperienced swimsuit just like the “Iron Man” character from Marvel Comics along with his No. 95 on it surrounded by a scene straight out of one of many comedian books. 

“My favourite character is Iron Man, so this firm had made me, I suppose, like a New York Iron Man shirt,” Williams stated. “It’s received an image of me in an Iron Man swimsuit. It was tremendous dope. … I’m carrying it rather a lot.” 

The Jets can solely hope that Williams shall be their Iron Man on protection this 12 months. It's arduous to imagine however Williams is coming into his fourth 12 months with the Jets. The 2019 first-round choose is without doubt one of the few remaining gamers from the pre-Joe Douglas days. 

Williams is just 24 however he's already one of many extra skilled gamers on the younger roster. 

Quinnen Williams
Quinnen Williams is coming into his fourth season with the Jets.
Invoice Kostroun/New York Publish

“I positively lookup and be like, ‘Man, that is my fourth 12 months.’ However I’m nonetheless younger and studying,” Williams stated. “I’ve realized rather a lot all through this time. I can share the issues that I’ve realized, particularly off the sphere as a youthful man to the youthful guys on the workforce. I’m nonetheless studying and I’m educating on the similar time. It’s a type of issues that I actually don’t take a look at age when it comes all the way down to being a veteran or not a veteran. Being an skilled man, I’m positively skilled going into my fourth 12 months.” 

One factor Williams has not skilled a lot with the Jets is successful. The workforce is 13-36 in his three seasons. He stated that motivates him and he feels just like the Jets now have the items to turn out to be a winner. 

“I really feel like this 12 months we’ve received every part we should be the workforce that we wish to be and the workforce New York needs us to be,” Williams stated. “We simply must go be constant, put all of it on tape, put all of it on the sphere.” 

A wholesome offseason and a second 12 months in Robert Saleh’s defensive system ought to assist Williams this 12 months. Saleh stated he expects huge issues from Williams. 

“He is usually a very dominant soccer participant and I’m not speaking dominant from a statistical standpoint,” Saleh stated. “I simply suppose he is usually a very disruptive soccer participant and he’s absolutely wholesome, he’s in large form, he’s received the suitable mindset and he’s saying all the suitable issues. Simply actually excited for him to only put that effort out each single day and see the place it takes him, however he’s in a significantly better place than he was a 12 months in the past simply by way of his total bodily make-up due to the harm he suffered throughout OTAs final 12 months, however actually excited concerning the route he’s going.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post