Andrew Cuomo opens up about the ‘political friends’ who abandoned him

The massive cheese stands alone

Our ex-governor who by no means performed good simply despatched me flowers. He’s now being extra nicer.

Now that Andrew Cuomo filed a lawsuit about his sexual harassment allegations, I requested what mates stood by him.

“No person. It was powerful. Traumatizing. Biden, a good friend 20 years, not understanding particulars, instantly stated about me, ‘He’s acquired to go.’ Biden had troubles years earlier than and I stood by him. Gave him the advantage of the doubt. It was heartbreaking to see him trash me with out studying one web page, making one telephone name.

Pelosi? Please. I do know her 30 years. Her daughter labored for me. Obama? He’s been powerful. When troubles come you prefer to suppose you’re completely different. You’re not. Enemies and haters accumulate. Schumer, Gillibrand, friends working within the state, mates I revered, fell like dominos. Lose your energy and heartless politicians learn the tea leaves. You’re useless. Over. Pols seize one other piece of meat. The phrase ‘political mates’ is an oxymoron.”

Didn’t his personal powerful character assist do him in?

“OK, I’m not heat and fuzzy. What politician is? Perhaps my duality began when my father was now not governor. I noticed him harm. His vulnerabilities uncovered. They broke his coronary heart. The press subsequent crucified me, his marketing campaign supervisor child. So I discovered then to not expose a weak point or present your interior self. You already know why? It will get used towards you. A response turns into ‘Now we all know the place to harm you.’ ”

Cuomo claimed that fellow Democrats like President Biden calling for his resignation despite not knowing the full story.
Cuomo claimed that fellow Democrats like President Biden calling for his resignation regardless of not understanding the total story.
AP Picture/Patrick Semansky, File

Might it's that perhaps this was simply his personal ego?

“I’m Italian. Robust. Sturdy. I’ve reacted to this newfound therapy. Additionally to not make that mistake once more. So, my outdated fights with the press had been as a result of I pushed to get issues performed. What occurred was resentment. So was my job simply to sit down again? I helped redo JFK and LaGuardia, Biden’s ‘Third World airport.’ I pushed the Second Avenue subway, which had been stalled 50 years. I helped carry within the Marriage Equality Act.

“I targeted on getting a job performed — not socializing or going to events. Aren’t leaders, legislators, regulators presupposed to carry optimism, confidence? Individuals are scared in imply offended instances. Those we elect should stand for one thing.

“No excuses or listening to that we simply can’t get issues performed. We’re elected to battle for individuals. And I used to be not keen to fail or surrender.”

A sip of purple wine, then: “Sorry I hadn’t extra time for household. Working seven days per week price me. I missed a variety of life. My want now was that I ought to’ve been there extra for them.”

President Biden was among those who abandoned Cuomo.
President Biden was amongst those that deserted Cuomo.
AP

And his future plans?

“I’m a lawyer who can rep shoppers in firms, finance, authorities relations, actual property individuals. I can earn cash. And I’ll specific my opinion within the subsequent few weeks. However proper now good well-meaning, hardworking Hochul’s your greatest different.

“Look, my curiosity is public service. There aren't any time period limits so I could make one other go in 4 years. I’m somebody who delivers. And who is aware of, could possibly be there’s no one to beat me. Additionally who is aware of — perhaps by then I’ll be sweeter.”

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi of Calif., accompanied by members of the Indiana Congressional Delegation speaks during a bill enrollment ceremony to designate the clinic of the Department of Veterans Affairs in Mishawaka, Ind., as the Jackie Walorski VA Clinic to honor the late Rep. Jackie Walorski on Capitol Hill, Tuesday, Sept. 20, 2022
Nancy Pelosi had known as for Cuomo’s resignation in 2021.
AP

In the meantime, may there be one other new girl in his life?

“No.” A fast beat, then, “However I’m out there.”


A neighborhood chapter of Lady Scouts of America simply organized a brand new slogan for 12 months 2023. It’s “Purchase Lady Scout Cookies. Help Leonardo DiCaprio’s subsequent girlfriend.”

Solely in New York, children, solely in New York.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post