Drew Brees has broadcasting career warning for Tom Brady

Former Saints quarterback Drew Brees revealed how grueling the schedule of an NFL broadcaster might be whereas discussing Tom Brady’s eventual transfer to Fox Sports activities.

The Buccaneers quarterback will be a part of Fox Sports activities as its lead analyst, calling the NFL’s greatest video games, every time he decides to hold up his jersey for good.

“Should you’re gonna do it proper, you’re gonna spend the identical quantity of preparation in getting ready to broadcast the sport, to do a three-hour manufacturing, as you'll to play the sport,” Brees stated throughout an look on “The Dan Patrick Present” on Thursday.

Brees made an identical transfer to NBC when he retired after the 2020 season. He was a studio and sport analyst for NBC Sports activities for one season earlier than he and the community mutually parted methods, as reported by The Publish’s Andrew Marchand in Might.

“I’m unsure precisely what Tom is signed as much as do, I do know what’s been introduced,” Brees stated of Brady’ $375 million contract with Fox. “However it's positively a dedication, and it takes extra time than you assume. I positively have a respect for the blokes which are in these positions and the blokes that actually do it the appropriate manner, you already know the preparation that goes into that.”

NBC Sports' Drew Brees reports from the sidelines before an AFC wild card playoff game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Kansas City Chiefs on Jan 16, 2022 at GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, MO.
NBC Sports activities’ Drew Brees stories from the sidelines earlier than an AFC wild card playoff sport between the Steelers and Chiefs on Jan 16, 2022 in Kansas Metropolis, MO.
Icon Sportswire through Getty Pictures

On the subject of Brady, the Buccaneers quarterback is already in a predicament about his work-life stability with spouse Gisele Bündchen. Earlier this month, Web page Six was first to report that Brady and Bündchen had been at odds about his determination to un-retire from the NFL.

The seven-time Tremendous Bowl champion and the Brazilian supermodel are presently residing individually as they navigate this tough patch of their 13-year marriage.

In the meantime, Brees stated that he determined to chop brief his broadcasting to profession to spend time with household, together with his 4 youngsters.

Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady warms up prior to the game against the Green Bay Packers at Raymond James Stadium on Sept. 25, 2022 in Tampa, Florida.
Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady warms up previous to the sport in opposition to the Inexperienced Bay Packers at Raymond James Stadium on Sept. 25, 2022 in Tampa, Florida.
Getty Pictures
1 of 2
Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady with his daughter Vivian on the sidelines prior to the game against the Green Bay Packers at Raymond James Stadium on September 25, 2022 in Tampa, Florida.

Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady together with his daughter Vivian on the sidelines previous to the sport in opposition to the Inexperienced Bay Packers at Raymond James Stadium on September 25, 2022 in Tampa, Florida.
Tom Brady and Gisele Bündchen celebrate the Buccaneers' Super Bowl win in Feb. 2021.

Tom Brady and Gisele Bündchen have a good time the Buccaneers' Tremendous Bowl win in Feb. 2021.

“Final 12 months, I went the media route. That was actually gratifying. I felt like I discovered so much. I felt like I developed an incredible skillset. It would assist me down the highway, whether or not I select to do this once more or one thing else, so I appreciated that have,” Brees stated.

“The explanation I didn’t do this this 12 months was just because it was taking away all my weekends and my youngsters are at an age now the place I need to be with them. I need to coach them. I need to see their video games… Look, it’s the identical factor for teaching.”

When requested if he would be a part of a possible Sean Payton-led employees as a quarterbacks coach, Brees stated “that’s not the approach to life [I’m] in search of.”

Brees performed underneath Payton for 15 seasons with the Saints and so they gained a Tremendous Bowl collectively in 2010. Payton formally retired from the Saints on the finish of the 2021 season. 

Saints Sean Payton and quarterback Drew Brees before a game against the San Francisco 49ers at Levi's Stadium on Nov. 6, 2016 in Santa Clara, California.
Saints Sean Payton and quarterback Drew Brees earlier than a sport in opposition to the San Francisco 49ers at Levi’s Stadium on Nov. 6, 2016 in Santa Clara, California.
Getty Pictures

“I like the sport and I’m going to be concerned within the sport by some means,” Brees stated.

In Might, Brees addressed hypothesis about his subsequent profession transfer, and didn’t rule out a return to soccer.

“Regardless of hypothesis from media about my future this fall, I’m presently undecided,” he stated in a tweet on the time. “I may match for NBC, I'll play soccer once more, I'll concentrate on enterprise and philanthropy, I'll prepare for the pickleball tour, senior golf tour, coach my youngsters or all the above. I’ll let you already know.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post