Graham Norton claims Harvey Weinstein forced his way onto his TV show

Chat present host Graham Norton has revealed the “worst ever visitor” to seem on his couch.

The BBC presenter was selling his new e book, Perpetually House, in Dublin when he opened up in regards to the notorious star’s “chilling” conduct earlier than he was even invited onto this system.

Earlier than the avalanche of allegations had been made in opposition to rapist Hollywood director Harvey Weinstein in 2017, he was a visitor on The Graham Norton Present.

He joined Physician Who actor David Tennant, Oscar winner Olivia Colman and singer Jessie J on the funnyman’s couch in 2015.

Harvey Weinstein
Harvey Weinstein reportedly insisted he be added to the present.
PA Pictures / Alamy

“I typically discuss round who my least favourite visitor was, however somebody jogged my memory, I've a extremely good reply to this now,” Norton mentioned, in keeping with Joe.

“And truly, it was bizarre, as a result of he requested for my e-mail. And he e-mailed me one thing very good, a complimentary factor. After which he determined he needed to be on the present, as a result of he was going to advertise one thing.

“And it was a present that was absolutely booked, so I replied saying ‘Oh, thanks a lot, however the present is absolutely booked’. He e-mailed again: ‘What if I blah de blah de blah’.

“And he e-mailed again once more, ‘However I believe…’, and I simply needed to flip to my booker and say ‘Are you able to please take care of this?’ And on the time, I believed that type of perspective, that sort of ‘Oh no, I’m occurring’, that's what makes you an excellent producer.

“However after all, now that we all know what we all know, that's what makes him a predator. It was that sort of bizarre, tunnel-vision factor. And it was type of chilling looking back, as a result of I used to be simply laughing at these emails. However you understand ‘Oh my God, that's an perception into how that man is’.”

Weinstein, 70, is serving a 23-year jail sentence after a New York jury discovered him responsible of forcibly performing oral intercourse on a manufacturing assistant.

He was additionally convicted of sexually assaulting a hairstylist in 2013.

He was acquitted on two prices of predatory sexual assault associated to allegations he raped an actress within the 90s.

Weinstein is in jail in California, the place he's awaiting one other trial for allegedly assaulting 5 girls in Los Angeles and Beverly Hills from 2004 to 2013.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post