Andrew Whitworth: Tom Brady missing Buccaneers’ walkthrough ‘really bothered me’

It has been a tough couple of months each on and off the sphere for Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady. Former sort out Andrew Whitworth added to the heap of criticism when he appeared on “The Herd with Colin Cowherd” on Monday.

Brady missed the Bucs’ Saturday walkthrough to attend New England Patriots proprietor Robert Kraft’s wedding ceremony, after which was caught yelling at his offensive line throughout Sunday’s 20-18 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers. 

“It’s in all probability not a enjoyable take to say, however to me, it bothered me, it actually did,” he mentioned. “What Tom’s all the time been referred to as is the man who’s like: ‘You'll by no means outwork me, you'll by no means out-prepare me, I'll outwork anyone on this enterprise.’ And I believe each a type of guys appears as much as him in that means.”

Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady (12) gestures at the line of scrimmage against
Tom Bray attended Robert Kraft’s wedding ceremony solo on Saturday, lacking the Bucs’ walkthrough.
USA TODAY Sports activities
Andrew Whitworth was critical of Tom Brady on Monday's episode of 'The Herd.'
Andrew Whitworth was crucial of Tom Brady on Monday’s episode of ‘The Herd.’
Fox Sports activities

The 2022 Tremendous Bowl winner additionally in contrast Brady to himself, as he determined to retire within the offseason as a substitute of returning to motion like Brady.

“One of many issues that made me retire is I received to that time mentally the place I used to be like, ‘ what? I don’t all the time wish to be right here and I don’t all the time wish to do that. I do know I can exit and play nicely, however I don’t ever wish to be a disservice to the fellows who look as much as me,’” he mentioned. “It bothered me as a result of that’s how I look as much as Tom Brady…That’s a pivotal day to prepare and put together.”

Tampa Bay coach Todd Bowles mentioned he's not involved about Brady’s dedication to soccer, particularly since he isn’t the one one to have missed a day for private causes.  

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post