Babysitter of missing Georgia toddler got ‘odd’ text before he vanished

The babysitter of the 20-month-old Georgia boy lacking since final week stated in a brand new interview that she was supposed to look at the toddler and his brother the day he vanished — however obtained a cryptic message that left her alarmed.

“I received a textual content this morning saying they'd not be right here — wouldn't be babysitting them at 5:29 [a.m.]. Which was sort of odd as a result of I've them even when she doesn’t work,” Diana McCarta informed WSAV, referring to 22-year-old Leilani, whose son Quinton Simon went lacking in Savannah on Oct. 5.

Police stated the boy was final seen about 6 a.m. and was reported lacking to police after 9 a.m. the identical day, in accordance with WJCL.

Missing toddler Quinton Simon
Diana McCarta, babysitter of lacking Georgia boy Quinton Simon, says she received an odd textual content the day he vanished.
Household Handout

McCartasaid she received one other textual content message at round 9 a.m. the day of the boy’s disappearance, “saying have I seen Quinton?”

“I instantly go to their home. I attempt to assist them look, they didn’t need that. So, I’ve been simply ready round like everybody else,” she informed WSAV.

The babysitter stated she had been watching Quinton and his sibling, Zane, for about six months earlier than the disappearance.

“My coronary heart is damaged,” she informed the outlet. “I’m not his mom, I’m not his household, however I really like him very a lot and I simply don’t know what may occur.”

Missing boy Quinton Simon
Quinton Simon was reported lacking by his mom after she final noticed him in his playpen at dwelling.
Household Handout
Missing boy Quinton Simon
Chatham County Police Chief Jeff Hadley stated investigators have discovered no proof that foul play was concerned within the boy’s disappearance.
Household Handout

She added: “The police did a extremely good job of wanting and the place does a 1-year-old go? They’ve coated a whole lot of floor.”

The thriller surrounding the boy’s disappearance has been “horrible,” McCarta informed WJCL.

“I hold seeing — picturing his face. I can’t sleep at night time as a result of I see his face smiling at me the final time I seen him,” she informed the native ABC affiliate.

Babysitter Diana McCarta
“My coronary heart is damaged. I’m not his mom, I’m not his household, however I really like him very a lot and I simply don’t know what may occur,” babysitter Diana McCarta stated.
WSAV

Chatham County Police Chief Jeff Hadley stated investigators have discovered no proof that foul play was concerned within the boy’s disappearance.

“We’re going to carry out hope that he’s nonetheless alive, that we will discover him and produce him dwelling protected to his mother and father,” he stated.

The division and the FBI have deployed Ok-9 groups, drones, helicopters, officers on horseback and heat-detecting know-how within the seek for Quinton.

Police search for missing Georgia boy
Native police and the FBI have launched a large-scale seek for the lacking boy.
Chatham County Police Division

The boy lives in the home along with his mother, his 3-year-old brother, his mom’s boyfriend and his maternal grandparents, native ABC affiliate WJCL reported.

His grandparents, Billie Jo and Thomas Howell, have authorized custody of Quinton and his older brother, in accordance with the station.

“She hasn’t at all times performed the fitting factor,” Billie Jo Howell stated of her daughter in an interview with the station. “Typically she does actually nice, generally she doesn’t … I don’t know if I can belief her — I don’t.”

Court docket data obtained by WJCL present that Billie Jo Howell tried to evict the kid’s mom and her boyfriend from her dwelling in early September.

Cops have responded to the house twice within the final two years, in accordance with the Chatham County Police Division. The division didn’t present particulars on these calls, however stated neither was for earlier reviews of a lacking baby.

Police stated final week there was no proof that Quinton was kidnapped and that his case doesn’t seem like a custody dispute.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post