Kathie Lee Gifford won’t read Kelly Ripa’s book after Regis Philbin comments

Kathie Lee Gifford is beginning in the present day off with a feud.

Former “Right now” present co-host Kathie Lee Gifford introduced Monday that she has no plans to learn Kelly Ripa’s autobiography “Dwell Wire: Lengthy-Winded Quick Tales” resulting from feedback made by Ripa concerning her former co-host Regis Philbin.

“I’m not gonna learn the e book. I haven’t learn it. I don’t even know if it’s out but,” Gifford mentioned on Monday’s “Good Day New York.”

“I simply know what Regis was to me. He was, for 15 years, the most effective accomplice an individual might ever, ever have professionally, however he was my pal.”

Philbin, who died in July 2020 on the age of 88, co-hosted “Good Day New York” with Gifford.

“We have been expensive mates and after I left the present, for the subsequent 20 years, we grew to become higher mates, dearer mates,” recalled Gifford.

“I noticed him two weeks earlier than he died and the minute I discovered he had handed, I received in my automotive and drove to their home.”

In her e book, Ripa described her relationship with Philbin as being full of “good days and unhealthy days.”

TODAY show co-host Kathie Lee Gifford has announced that she has no plans to read Kelly Ripa's autobiography due to comments regarding her former co-host Regis Philbin.
TODAY present co-host Kathie Lee Gifford has introduced that she has no plans to learn Kelly Ripa’s autobiography resulting from feedback concerning her former co-host Regis Philbin.
John Lamparski/Getty Photographs
"We were dear friends and after I left the show, for the next 20 years, we became better friends, dearer friends," recalled Gifford.
“We have been expensive mates and after I left the present, for the subsequent 20 years, we grew to become higher mates, dearer mates,” recalled Gifford.
Peter Kramer/NBC/NBC NewsWire
Regis Philbin and Kathie Lee Gifford co-hosted "Good Day New York" together before Philbin left for his morning talk show with Ripa.
Regis Philbin and Kathie Lee Gifford co-hosted “Good Day New York” collectively earlier than Philbin left for his morning discuss present with Ripa.
Michael Dombroski/Newsday RM by way of Getty Photographs

“I don’t wish to really feel like I’m slamming anybody or that I’m being disrespectful. However I additionally need folks to understand it was not a cakewalk,” mentioned the previous cleaning soap opera star.

“It took years to earn my place there and earn issues which can be routinely given to the lads I labored with. Together with an workplace and a spot to place my pc.”

The Publish reached out to Gifford for remark.

“It’s unhappy she would attempt to manufacture a man-made controversy based mostly on a e book that she has by no means learn and headlines that didn’t exist till she created them,” mentioned a rep for Kelly Ripa.

“If she had really learn this #1 Greatest Vendor, she would have identified that Kelly was respectful and trustworthy about this subject and the way the opposite 98% of the e book is considerate, enjoyable and insightful.”

Gifford mentioned Monday that she was flabbergasted to examine damaging headlines about her late co-host.

“I noticed that and I went, ‘Oh, I hope this isn’t true.’ I simply hope it isn’t, as a result of what’s the purpose? I don’t get it,” recounted the 69-year-old Emmy winner.

n her book, Ripa described her relationship with Philbin as being filled with "good days and bad days."
In her e book, Ripa described her relationship with Philbin as being full of “good days and unhealthy days.”
Efren Landaos/SOPA Photographs/LightRocket by way of Getty Photographs
"It took years to earn my place there and earn things that are routinely given to the men I worked with. Including an office and a place to put my computer."
“It took years to earn my place there and earn issues which can be routinely given to the lads I labored with. Together with an workplace and a spot to place my pc.”
Craig Barritt/Getty Photographs for Persona™ Vitamin

“In all of the years I knew him, I by no means noticed him unkind to anybody. I by no means did. If he favored you, he teased you,” she mentioned.

“I’m not going to say something ugly about anyone. I by no means have and I’m not going to start out now. My actuality is one thing fully totally different from that.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post