The NFL has checked out Atlanta Falcons defensive deal with Grady Jarrett’s disputed roughing-the-passer penalty on Tampa Bay’s Tom Brady to find out whether or not Brady tried to kick Jarrett and if that warrants a advantageous, an individual accustomed to the matter advised The Related Press.
The particular person spoke to the AP on Thursday on situation of anonymity as a result of the league notifies gamers of fines on Friday. Fines for kicking are $10,500 for a primary offense and $15,500 for a second.
Jarrett was flagged for slinging Brady to the bottom throughout Tampa Bay’s 21-15 win over Atlanta on Sunday. It appeared Brady tried to kick Jarrett as each gamers had been getting up, however he didn’t make contact.
“It was an extended hug. A protracted, unwelcome hug from Grady,” Brady stated on his “Let’s Go” podcast. “He was within the backfield all day. As I stated after the video games, I don’t throw flags. What I do throw is tablets. He had a hell of a sport. I’ll depart it at that.”


Video of a play within the earlier sport additionally seems to indicate Brady taking a shot at Jarrett after a play.
Jarrett and Kansas Metropolis Chiefs defensive finish Chris Jones, who had a questionable roughing penalty in opposition to the Raiders on Monday evening, are routinely topic to fines for roughing penalties that sparked outrage amongst gamers, coaches and followers as a result of the hits didn’t appear to warrant flags.
“Simply wanting again on it, I’m nonetheless form of left clueless on what I’m anticipated to do in that scenario…,” Jarrett stated on Tuesday. “I did see Chris’ sack, and that was questionable as nicely. All these different issues that we will assessment.
“I’m not saying that it value us the sport, but it surely value us a chance to win the sport and if it’s costing folks video games, it’s going to value folks livelihoods. Going to value folks’s alternatives. You by no means know who's going to go down and make a loopy play.”
Fines for roughing the passer are $15,000 for first offense and $20,000 for second. It was the primary offense this season for each Jarrett and Jones.
— With AP
Post a Comment