Patriots sign pizza shop employee Sebastian Gutierrez for offensive line

The Patriots have dug deep of their scouting.

Sebastian Gutierrez, a 24-year-old offensive lineman, was working at a pizza restaurant in North Dakota earlier this week. Now he's signed to New England’s apply squad.

Gutierrez performed school soccer at Minot State in North Dakota. He signed with the Denver Broncos in Could as an undrafted free agent, however the workforce waived him this previous August.

He was working at Uncle Maddio’s Pizza in Minot whereas he continued to coach for his alternative.

“Nicely by no means thought in 1,000,000 years I might have a NFL participant working for me!” Losson Leonard, the proprietor of Uncle Maddio’s, wrote in an ebullient Fb put up.

Sebastian Gutierrez was signed to the Patriots practice squad from a pizza parlor in North Dakota.
Sebastian Gutierrez was signed to the Patriots apply squad from a pizza parlor in North Dakota.
Fb / Losson Leonard

Leonard recalled how Gutierrez stood out.

“I noticed him behind the road making pizzas and I simply, I assumed my supervisor Denise will need to have employed somebody to move off safety, I suppose,” he informed KYFR, a Fox affiliate in North Dakota. “He’s like, you’re my favourite pizza place, so may as effectively get a job right here in order that’s what occurred. My supervisor Denise gave him a job, and he labored for us two, three days every week each time he may when he’s not coaching,.”

Leonard was quick to reward his work ethic and angle.

Sebastian Gutierrez was in Broncos camp as an undrafted free agent this past offseason.
Sebastian Gutierrez was in Broncos camp as an undrafted free agent this previous offseason.
Fb / Losson Leonard

“I believe he’s an awesome younger man and I want him the most effective. I believe he’ll do effectively. I believe as soon as they let him within the door, he’ll by no means come out, I believe he’ll have an awesome profession within the NFL,” Leonard informed the outlet.

Invoice Belichick and the Patriots are off to a shaky begin at 1-3 and at present have +370 betting odds to make the playoffs on FanDuel. The schedule does open up somewhat for them from right here — of their subsequent 5 weeks earlier than their bye, they play the Lions, Bears, Browns, Jets and Colts, earlier than internet hosting the Jets proper off their bye.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post