Review: We tried the viral TikTok Wonderskin Peel & Reveal Lip Color

Depraved crimson and pink lips are simply an software away.

The TikTok well-known Wonderskin Marvel Blading Peel & Reveal Lip Colour is like nothing we’ve tried earlier than, because it offers an an all-day lip stain that’s achievable in seconds.

The pack, that comes with a Lip Masque, Lip Activator and Liquid Blading Wipe Away TowelIt claims to by no means switch, fade or feather whereas remaining waterproof. And get this: because it’s a lip stain, you possibly can say goodbye to lipstick-stained wine glasses and messy kisses.

To take away, all you'll want to do is wash off along with your alternative cleanser.

However does it actually work? For $29, we hope it does, so Ruby McAuliffe, commerce author and reporter for the New York Submit, and Sophie Cannon, senior commerce journalist and particular initiatives coordinator, put it to the final word take a look at to seek out out.

Ruby McAuliffe, commerce author and reporter

Wonderskin Wonderblading Lip Stain review with Ruby McAuliffe
New York Submit Composite

Let’s reduce to the chase. This lip stain is it.

I utilized the lip stain in thick layers, ensuring to layer it on evenly, as this course of is crucial to the ultimate end result. I allowed the formulation to sit down on my lips for about 45 seconds whereas it created a tingly and tightening feeling upon my lips. Then, it was time for the peeling motion.

You should utilize your fingers, although the lip shade will stain your fingertips. Due to this fact, I most well-liked to make use of the included Wipe Away Towel. So, I sprayed my lips with the Lip Activator and rubbed the product off in small circles.

As soon as the product was off, a stunning deep crimson lined my lips. However wouldn't it switch? That was the burning query.

First up, I kissed the again of my hand and nothing was left behind. Subsequent, I headed out to a pasta and wine dinner. There have been no lip stains left on my wine glass and my lips nonetheless possessed a deep ruby tone after consuming. Then, I added some lip balm and was certain the direct software would raise away some product — but the colour didn’t budge.

To say I used to be impressed is an understatement. The lip stain stayed put all night and felt past snug. I would as effectively not have been sporting something! However better of all, it was kiss-proof and dinner-proof.”


Sophie Cannon, senior commerce journalist and particular initiatives supervisor

Three images, two of Sophie Cannon wearing lipstick and the center image is a tube of lipstick
Sophie Cannon/Wonderskin

First, I exfoliated my lips for one of the best outcomes. Needing all the assistance I may get with my chapped lips, I truly used the Wonderskin model exfoliator stick. The 3-in-1 Lip Scrub ($19) is available in an easy-to-use pencil and exfoliates, moisturizes, after which locks in that moisture to prep my lips for the principle occasion — the lip stain.

I ordered a number of totally different colours, however needed to begin with the shade First Kiss, which is meant to be a vibrant cranberry pink. The equipment ($50) got here with every thing I wanted, together with the lip shade and the activator spray, in addition to a black mini towel to assist wipe off any extra spray and shield my chin.

After making use of the intense blue-ish purple formulation to my lips thrice and letting it dry for about 45 seconds every time, the second to peel and reveal got here.

I additionally needed to check out another shades within the line up, together with Glamorous, Divine and Adore, which is considered one of their lighter tints versus the opposite vibrant full-color shades. Nonetheless, one professional that could be a con (only for now not less than) is that eradicating the product isn’t that simple, particularly in the event you just lately utilized it. I discovered one of the best ways to take away the product is by utilizing an oil-based make-up remover, my favourite being Farmacy’s Inexperienced Clear Cleaning Balm.

Warning: You could have delicate lips for a bit in the event you scrub too laborious like I did.


Our closing ideas

This product is prime tier.

The colour is extremely vivid and delightful, the product is simple to use when you get the hold of it and the formulation lasts in your lips.

See the slides beneath for a have a look at the remainder of the colours, noting the shades within the captions.

1 of 4
A side by side image of a model in lipstick and on the right Sophie Cannon in the same shade of lipstick

The tried and true First Kiss shade, which seems a lot brighter on my truthful pores and skin than within the photos.
A side by side image of a model in lipstick and on the right Sophie Cannon in the same shade of lipstick

The shade Glamorous, which is a vibrant punchy orange.
A side by side image of a model in lipstick and on the right Sophie Cannon in the same shade of lipstick

The shade Divine, which is a darker burgundy shade.
A side by side image of a model in lipstick and on the right Sophie Cannon in the same shade of lipstick

The shade Adore, which is extra of a light-weight tint than a lip stick shade.

Take a look at New York Submit Procuring for extra content material.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post