The clever advice Dustin Hoffman gave Geena Davis to shut down Jack Nicholson’s advances

Geena Davis was capable of dodge Jack Nicholson’s undesirable advances with some recommendation from a pal.

Davis, 66, advised the New Yorker that Nicholson got here on to her after a dinner with casting administrators, and she or he used recommendation given to her by “Tootsie” co-star Dustin Hoffman to politely reject him. 

“Say, ‘Effectively, you’re very engaging. I'd like to, however it will smash the sexual rigidity between us,’ ” Davis remembered Hoffman telling her about what to say if a co-star wished to sleep along with her.

Geena Davis visits SiriusXM Studios on October 12, 2022 in New York City.
Geena Davis — whose new memoir, “Dying of Politeness,” dropped final week — visits SiriusXM Studios on Oct. 12, 2022. in New York Metropolis.
Santiago Felipe/Getty Photographs

Davis shared how the recommendation labored on Nicholson. 

“After ‘Tootsie,’ my modeling agent took me and a few different actor-slash-models to Hollywood to fulfill casting administrators. He occurred to know Jack Nicholson, and each single evening Jack Nicholson had dinner with us. Then at some point there was a observe below the door that mentioned, ‘Please name Jack Nicholson at this quantity.’ I used to be, like, ‘I can’t consider it!’ ” she mentioned.

Geena Davis, Dustin Hoffman
Dustin Hoffman gave Geena Davis recommendation on what to say if a co-star wished to sleep along with her.
David Crotty/PatrickMcMullan.com/Sipa USA

She continued: “So I mentioned, ‘Good day, Mr. Nicholson. That is Geena the mannequin. You referred to as me?’ He mentioned, ‘Hey, Geena. When is it gonna occur?’ I used to be, like, ‘Oh, no — why didn’t I notice that is what it was going to be about?’ “

That’s when she remembered the tactic Hoffman advised her about.

“However it instantly got here into my head what to say: ‘Uh, Jack, I'd like to. You’re very engaging,’ ” she mentioned. ” ‘However I've a sense we’re going to work collectively in some unspecified time in the future sooner or later, and I'd hate to have ruined the sexual rigidity between us.’ He was, like, ‘Oh, man, the place’d you get that?’ So it labored.”

The “Thelma & Louise” icon just lately opened up about her unhealthy experiences with Invoice Murray whereas filming “Fast Change” in 1989.

In her new memoir, “Dying of Politeness,” Davis claimed that Murray, now 72, greeted her in a resort suite with a therapeutic massage gadget he insisted on utilizing on her, regardless that she refused. She claimed that Murray additionally screamed at her for being late to manufacturing in entrance of all their colleagues. 

Jack Nicholson attends a basketball game between the Los Angeles Lakers and the New York Knicks at Staples Center on January 07, 2020 in Los Angeles, California
Jack Nicholson tried to pursue Geena Davis after a dinner with casting administrators.
Allen Berezovsky/Getty Photographs

Davis additionally shared earlier this 12 months that, after her Oscar win for Finest Supporting Actress in “The Unintended Vacationer” in 1989, administrators began treating her in a different way, assuming she thought she was “all that.”

“With out having met me or having spent any time with me or something, they only assumed I used to be going to be like, ‘Effectively, now nobody goes to inform me what to do!’ ” Davis mentioned on an episode of the “Allison Interviews” podcast in January. “I believe possibly as a result of I used to be a lady, the administrators felt that method. And possibly it was even unconscious bias that they might possibly do it to a lady and never a person. However they didn’t need a girl to doubtlessly trigger them any issues.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post