Kyle Brandt unloads on Russell Wilson over absurd plane workout: ‘Are you out of your mind?’

“Good Morning Soccer” host Kyle Brandt says he “wants solutions” after Broncos quarterback Russell Wilson spent hours doing high-knees on the workforce’s airplane throughout a flight to London this week.

Through the newest installment of his “Kyle Brandt’s Basement” podcast, the NFL host went on a rant about Wilson’s “bizarre and awkward” exercise — and questioned if his teammates thought it was an eccentric act by the quarterback.

“If I’m on that workforce I’m making an attempt to place myself in [his teammate’s] sneakers… I’m flying throughout the Atlantic and I’m all tucked. I received my headphones, I received my sleep masks, and I received my blanket and I’m getting my relaxation and I simply preserve listening to… any individual working on a airplane is regarding often,” Brandt mentioned.

Wilson — who missed final week’s sport in opposition to the Jets with a hamstring harm — informed reporters on Wednesday that he was “doing therapy” in the course of the eight-hour flight, which included hours of strolling up and down the aisles, doing excessive knees and dealing on his legs to “ensure [he] was able to rock.”

However Brandt didn’t appear to purchase Wilson’s course of therapy.

Kyle Brandt goes on a rant about Russell Wilson on his podcast on Oct. 26, 2022.
Kyle Brandt goes on a rant about Russell Wilson on his podcast on Oct. 26, 2022.
Twitter/Kyle Brandt's Basement

“If I sit up and I simply peel again my sleep masks and pull off one ear of my headphone and the factor that woken me and alarmed me is Russ, not working up and down the aisle, he’s high-kneeing up and down the aisle… I don’t know what I’m pondering.

“Are you pondering, A, that's my quarterback and he desires to get again with us so badly and repair this factor and proper this ship and man I’ll go to battle with that man — or are you pondering like, ‘dude sit down, we’re making an attempt to sleep. Are you out of your thoughts? Sit down.'”

Broncos quarterback Russell Wilson speaks with the media during practice at the Harrow School in the London Borough of Harrow on Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2022.
Broncos quarterback Russell Wilson speaks with the media throughout observe on the Harrow College within the London Borough of Harrow on Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2022.
Denver Put up by way of Getty Pictures

Brandt continued his rant by speculating whether or not Wilson was saying “motivational phrases” in the course of the exercise – because the quarterback has been identified to do in press conferences with his notorious “Let’s Experience” tagline.

“Let’s be sincere, let’s go additional with this. You and I each know that if Russ is up on the airplane, 30,000 toes and he’s doing high-knees up and down the aisle, it’s not simply that,” Brandt mentioned. “He's saying one thing, he's doing both motivational phrases or music lyrics, possibly, however there's a vocal part to it.

“If it’s actually performative. I wasn’t on the airplane and I don’t know his actual medical standing. Possibly the workforce physician mentioned, ‘Russ we have to get you shifting across the airplane. I do know it’s bizarre and awkward and I do know your teammates try to sleep however I actually suggest you do it,’ then superb. God bless you Russ and I imply that,.”

Broncos quarterback Russell Wilson works out with teammates during practice at the Harrow School in the London Borough of Harrow on Oct. 26, 2022.
Broncos quarterback Russell Wilson works out with teammates throughout observe on the Harrow College within the London Borough of Harrow on Oct. 26, 2022.
Denver Put up by way of Getty Pictures

“However I doubt that the offensive coordinator final yr when he was at Seattle informed him, ‘Russ I actually suggest you go on the market on the sector by your self and be in a make imagine huddle and run a faux two-minute drill whereas the cameras are on, I actually suppose it's best to try this.”

Brandt went on to request that “any individual leak one thing” to offer extra context into Wilson’s exercise.

“We want solutions,” Brandt mentioned. “Different Broncos gamers can be requested about this. I want some fact. Any individual leak one thing as a result of if he was doing one thing to get higher, superb. Until he was informed particularly by the physician or coach, you should run round and never solely run down the aisles, do the bleeping high-knees. I imply, have been there leaping jacks? Is he burpee-ing? Is he doing lotus pose within the laboratory?”

Earlier this month, Brandt took a number of pictures at Wilson and his spouse Ciara in a separate rant following a loss to the Colts. Throughout an episode of “Good Morning Soccer,” Brandt referred to as Wilson a “poser” and questioned why the quarterback and the singer “suppose [they’re] that cool and well-known” at pink carpet occasions.

1 of 3
Broncos quarterback Russell Wilson works out with teammates during practice at the Harrow School in the London Borough of Harrow on Oct. 26, 2022.

Broncos quarterback Russell Wilson works out with teammates throughout observe on the Harrow College within the London Borough of Harrow on Oct. 26, 2022.

Broncos quarterback Russell Wilsonduring a 19-16 loss to the Los Angeles Chargers at SoFi Stadium on Oct. 17, 2022 in Inglewood, California.

Commercial

Wilson’s standing to begin and play on Sunday in opposition to the Jaguars remains to be up within the air. Outdoors of the loss to the Jets, the quarterback has solely missed three different video games in his profession. They have been all final season resulting from finger surgical procedure.

On Wednesday, the quarterback expressed optimism concerning the Week 8 matchup.

“I really feel nice, able to roll,” Wilson mentioned. “… Hopefully get a giant win in London. … I really feel nice, able to rock.”

Broncos head coach Nathaniel Hackett didn't share Wilson’s standing after Wednesday’s observe, however mentioned the Professional Bowl quarterback is “trending in the suitable approach” and that “he did fairly a bit [Wednesday].”

After his arrival in Broncos nation in March — following a blockbuster commerce out of Seattle — Wilson has struggled to get the offense going.

The two-5 Broncos have misplaced 4 consecutive video games heading into Week 8. They're at present final within the NFL in scoring, final in pink zone offense, final in goal-to-go conditions and rank thirtieth on third down, in keeping with ESPN.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post