Marlon Wayans slams cancel culture: ‘I don’t know what planet we’re on’

Marlon Wayans doesn’t get children today.

The 50-year-old comic got here to the protection of his 2004 cult basic “White Chicks” lately, vowing that he won't ever censor himself or his work.

“White Chicks” starred Marlon and his brother, Shawn Wayans, as FBI brokers who go deep undercover as two stereotypically aughts-era, blonde-haired white ladies.

Frequent collaborators Marlon and Shawn, 51, wrote the script, whereas their older brother Keenen Ivory Wayans, 64, directed the characteristic.

In a brand new interview, Marlon insisted that the Wayans brothers’ model of comedy serves an vital objective.

“I believe they’re wanted,” he instructed Buzzfeed of his manifold parody movies. “I don’t know what planet we’re on, the place you assume folks don’t want laughter, and that folks must be censored and canceled.”

“If a joke is gonna get me canceled, thanks for doing me that favor,” Marlon mentioned. “It’s unhappy that society is on this place the place we will’t chortle anymore. I ain’t listening to this rattling technology. I ain’t listening to those people.

“These scared-ass folks, these scared executives. Y’all do what you need to do? Nice. I’m nonetheless gonna inform my jokes the best way I inform them. And if you wish to make some cash,  leap on board,” the “Scary Film” creator continued.

Marlon Wayans
Marlon Wayans can be recognized for creating the satirical “Scary Film” franchise.
Getty Photographs

“And if not, then I’ll discover a option to do it myself,” he declared. “I do know my viewers. My viewers involves my exhibits each weekend and so they go away feeling nice and laughing. One factor concerning the Wayans, we’ve all the time instructed the worst joke one of the simplest ways.”

The truth is, the “Requiem for a Dream” star instructed Selection final yr that he was even able to produce a sequel to “White Chicks.”

“I believe ‘White Chicks 2’ is critical,” Marlon mentioned on the time. “I believe we’ve tightened up a lot that we have to loosen our ties a bit and chortle a bit of bit.” 

Shawn Wayans, Anne Dudek, Maitland Ward, Marlon Wayans in "White Chicks"
“White Chicks” grossed $113 million on the field workplace.
©Columbia Footage/courtesy Eve

“I don’t assume Hollywood understands what a juggernaut ‘White Chicks 2’ can be,” he continued. “And the world simply retains giving us extra. ‘White Chicks 2’ is writing itself.”

The Columbia Footage movie was made with a price range of $37 million and grossed greater than $113 million on the field workplace.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post