Man who jumped to death at Disneyland was principal accused of child endangerment

A person who jumped to his loss of life at Disneyland was a faculty principal due in court docket Monday on youngster endangerment and battery costs — which he blasted in a social-media suicide notice.

The jumper was recognized by authorities as Christopher Christensen, 51, who had been the principal of Huntington Seaside elementary colleges for 22 years, the Los Angeles Day by day Information reported.

Courtroom information present that he was due in court docket for a pre-trial convention listening to Monday for the 2 misdemeanor costs — which he instantly blamed for his suicide in a prolonged Fb put up simply earlier than he leaped from the Mickey & Pals parking storage.

“I hate when folks depart this Earth with so many unanswered questions. So, I hope this supplies some perception and perspective,” the proud one-time “administrator of the yr” instructed his Fb buddies in a peaceful tone.

Christopher Christensen celebrates being named an "administrator of the year."
Christopher Christensen, 51, blasted the costs he confronted in an internet notice simply earlier than his suicide at Disneyland Saturday.
Fb/Christopher Christensen

Within the notice, he launched buddies to “my spouse, Marlena,” writing: “Sure, you heard me appropriately. Most of you don’t know this however we privately married 3 ½ years in the past.

“Marlena and I really like and adore one another and our relationship has been wonderful … up till not too long ago,” he wrote alongside images of them on their wedding ceremony day.

“Sadly, two weeks in the past she and I acquired right into a heated argument at dwelling in entrance of the ladies,” he defined, admitting that “tempers have been flared and powerful phrases have been exchanged.”

Christopher Christensen's Facebook post
“So, right here I'm … writing my closing FB put up to all of you,” the principal wrote earlier than leaping to his loss of life late Saturday.
Fb/Christopher Christensen

“Nevertheless, by no means on this alternate did I hit, slap, or damage Marlena in any method. Nor did I ever contact the ladies (I by no means have and by no means will),” he harassed, saying he liked the ladies “like my very own.”

“Sadly, Marlena’s anger acquired the perfect of her that evening and he or she known as the police, which landed me in jail that evening. Sure, me! A person who has by no means hit or harmed ANYONE in his life!” he wrote.

1 of 3
Christopher Christensen and his secret wife, whom he only identified as Marlena.
His suicide notice was the primary time he revealed he’d really been married to the girl he blames for falsely accusing him of home violence.
Fb/Christopher Christensen
Christopher Christensen claimed he was innocent in his final Facebook post.
Christopher Christensen claimed he was harmless in his closing Fb put up.
Fb/Christopher Christensen

Commercial

He claimed that his secret spouse “really regrets making that decision, as a result of the occasions of that evening have fully unraveled each of our lives.”

“I'm on the point of dropping my job, as I'm out on administrative depart till my case is ‘resolved,'” he wrote of the case, which court docket information present he pleaded not responsible to in his Nov. 22 arraignment.

His spouse “is aware of I'd by no means damage her or the ladies” — and “has been making an attempt to clear my title with little success,” he wrote.

Christopher Christensen in a Facebook pic.
The longtime principal insisted his spouse “really regrets” falsely accusing him, calling himself a sufferer of an “extraordinarily flawed” authorized system.
Fb/Christopher Christensen

“Nevertheless, the authorized system is extraordinarily flawed (particularly towards males/fathers) and it’s sickening how rapidly and simply an harmless man could be thrown in jail primarily based on zero proof or proof!” he seethed.

“So, right here I'm … writing my closing FB put up to all of you,” he wrote.

“I would like you all to know that a light, type, loving and sincerely good man has been destroyed by one unlucky evening. It truly is unlucky! That is NOT me! That is NOT one thing that I ever thought would occur to me,” he wrote.

His sign-off included a touching tribute to the “previous 21+ years” throughout which he “really liked educating and main 1000's of scholars and households as a principal” within the Fountain Valley Faculty District.

“Please bear in mind me for all the nice I dropped at the world of training,” he pleaded, whereas additionally thanking fellow musicians who've carried out alongside him “over the previous 30 years.”

“There's a lot extra I wish to say, however I'm going to spend the remainder of as we speak reaching out to these closest to me to allow them to know the way a lot I really like them,” he wrote.

The 'Pixar Pals' parking lot in Disneyland.
The ‘Pixar Friends’ car parking zone in Disneyland.
Google Road

“This isn't a perfect option to exit, however at the least I get an opportunity to say some closing phrases to those that I really like and adore,” stated Christensen, who had three grownup youngsters from a earlier relationship in addition to three stepchildren, in response to the L.A. Day by day Information.

“Take care everybody. Please, please, please be type to 1 one other! Deal with one another with kindness and charm,” he wrote.

“There's an excessive amount of anger on the earth and folks want to begin treating one another higher. What I’ve shared with you above is a first-rate instance of how ‘anger’ can actually have long-lasting and very damaging results on an individual’s life,” he ended the tragic notice.

Disneyland parking structure.
Christensen left the notice earlier than leaping to his loss of life from a parking construction at Disneyland in Anaheim late Saturday.
MediaNews Group through Getty Photographs

Orange County Superior Courtroom information don't element the precise allegations towards Christensen.

The alleged acts occurred on Nov. 15, and Christensen posted $10,000 bond and was launched on Nov. 17. He then pleaded not responsible to youngster endangerment and battery throughout his arraignment on Nov. 22.

Earlier than his loss of life, he had been principal at Courreges Elementary Faculty for greater than 11 years, his LinkedIn confirmed.

“Our hearts are so damaged. We love you, Mr. C and we’ll miss you immensely,” the varsity’s PTA wrote early Monday.

In case you are scuffling with suicidal ideas or are experiencing a psychological well being disaster and stay in New York Metropolis, you'll be able to name 1-888-NYC-WELL free of charge and confidential disaster counseling. When you stay outdoors the 5 boroughs, you'll be able to dial the 24/7 Nationwide Suicide Prevention hotline at 1-800-273-8255 or go to SuicidePreventionLifeline.org.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post