Quentin Tarantino blasts ‘pathetic’ Harvey Weinstein: He needed a ‘man-to-man talk’

Quentin Tarantino needs he would’ve talked to his former colleague, convicted intercourse offender Harvey Weinstein, “man-to-man” about his legal conduct.

The pair made 9 motion pictures collectively till they went their separate methods in 2017 when Weinstein confronted a number of allegations of sexual harassment and assault.

Persevering with his press tour for his new e-book, “Cinema Hypothesis,” Tarantino appeared on HBO Max’s “Who’s Speaking to Chris Wallace” and doubled down on his former declare that he knew some about Weinstein’s inappropriate conduct, however didn’t know concerning the sexual wrongdoings.

“I’d by no means heard the tales that later got here out in any respect,” Tarantino instructed Wallace. “I heard the identical tales that everyone had heard. What I want I had executed was discuss to Harvey about it and say, ‘Harvey, you possibly can’t do that.’ To let you know the reality, I chalked it as much as a ‘Mad Males’-era model of the boss chasing the secretary across the desk. I’m not saying that’s okay. That’s how I heard it … in that class. There was by no means any discuss of rape or something like that.

“The rationale I didn’t [say something to Weinstein] was as a result of that’s an actual onerous dialog to have,” Tarantino admitted. “I felt it was pathetic. I felt what he was doing was pathetic and I didn’t wish to cope with his pathetic-ness.”

Harvey Weinstein and Quentin Tarantino attend The Weinstein Company's Celebratory Lunch For Ennio Morricone on Feb. 26, 2016.
Harvey Weinstein and Quentin Tarantino attend The Weinstein Firm’s Celebratory Lunch For Ennio Morricone on Feb. 26, 2016.
Todd Williamson

“I didn’t assume it was, ‘Okay, you do that for me otherwise you’re not going to get this film.’ I by no means heard any actresses say something like that,” Tarantino added. “It was simply you already know, ‘Don’t get behind a limo with him.’ It was straightforward to compartmentalize that to a point. Anyway, I really feel dangerous about … what I really feel dangerous about is I really feel dangerous that I didn't have a man-to-man discuss with him about it.”

The Golden Globe-winning director has made a number of headlines all through his press tour, together with when he named “As soon as Upon a Time In Hollywood” his finest film and debunked Kanye West’s declare that the “Gold Digger” rapper got here up with the idea of “Django.”

Testifying at Weinstein’s sexual assault trial earlier this week, Norwegian model-turned-actress Natassia Malthe claimed that the producer demanded that she be part of him in a threesome two months after he allegedly raped her.

Weinstein — who's already serving a 23-year sentence for rape and sexual assault in New York — is going through costs for allegedly sexually assaulting 4 girls in Los Angeles between 2004 and 2013. 

Harvey Weinstein and Quentin Tarantino attend the world premiere of "The Hateful Eight" on Dec. 7, 2015
Harvey Weinstein and Quentin Tarantino attend the world premiere of “The Hateful Eight” on Dec. 7, 2015
Charley Gallay

If convicted on all counts, he faces a most sentence of 65 years to life in jail.

The film “She Mentioned,” which portrays the 2 New York Occasions reporters who broke the Harvey Weinstein sexual misconduct story, dropped in theaters on Friday,

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post