Austin Butler didn’t see his family for years to make ‘Elvis’

It left him all shook up.

Austin Butler didn’t see his household for years resulting from his starring position in Baz Luhrmann’s “Elvis.”

The 31-year-old made the revelation in an interview with Selection Sunday, saying: “Throughout ‘Elvis,’ I didn’t see my household for about three years. I used to be prepping with Baz, after which I went to Australia [to film]. I had months the place I wouldn’t discuss to anyone. And once I did, the one factor I used to be ever fascinated about was Elvis. I used to be talking in his voice the entire time.”

Butler — who has been nominated for a Golden Globe for his position because the famous person singer — shot the movie Down Underneath in the course of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Given Australia’s strict lockdown legal guidelines, it could have been extraordinarily troublesome for him to jet again to the US to see his household in California.

However the Hollywood heartthrob informed Selection he has no regrets, saying extraordinary sacrifices are typically “what it takes” to get successful film made.

"I had months where I wouldn’t talk to anybody," Butler stated. "And when I did, the only thing I was ever thinking about was Elvis. I was speaking in his voice the whole time."
“I had months the place I wouldn’t discuss to anyone,” Butler mentioned. “And once I did, the one factor I used to be ever fascinated about was Elvis. I used to be talking in his voice the entire time.”
AP

It’s not the primary time Butler has revealed how grueling it was to movie “Elvis.”

Earlier this yr, he informed VMAN journal that he went dwelling from the set “in tears” after Luhrmann inspired different studio executives to heckle him as he was singing in order that he might get “as near performing as attainable.”

“He [Luhrmann] introduced them into the recording studio,” Butler recalled. “He goes, ‘I need you all to take a seat dealing with Austin,’ and he informed them to heckle me. So then they had been making enjoyable of me and stuff whereas I used to be singing.”

Butler justified the director’s choice, saying: “After we had been filming this second, when Elvis first goes onstage and he’s getting heckled by the viewers, I knew what that felt like … I went dwelling in tears that evening. I actually did.”

Butler told Variety that the entire "Elvis" experience has ultimately helped to bring him out of his comfort zone.
Butler informed Selection that your entire “Elvis” expertise has finally helped to carry him out of his consolation zone.

In the meantime, the hunky blond informed Selection that your entire “Elvis” expertise has finally helped to carry him out of his consolation zone.

“I’ve solely had a pair moments earlier than filming ‘Elvis’ the place I danced in public, as a result of I used to be very, very shy. I’d at all times be a wallflower at a celebration,” he mentioned. “I didn’t sing ever. I’m a really shy particular person, so I didn’t sing in any respect.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post