Benched Derrick Rose wants to stay and help Knicks: ‘I like winning’

CHICAGO — If the Knicks had been shedding video games, it will be completely different. Derrick Rose may not be practically as content material to look at.

However since Tom Thibodeau took him out of the rotation, the Knicks haven’t dropped a sport, and Rose is completely happy to see the upward development of the group even when he’s in a roundabout way a part of it in the mean time.

“If we had been shedding, most likely, [I would think about trade rumors]. However I like profitable. I’m a winner,” he mentioned Wednesday earlier than the Knicks beat his previous group, the Bulls, 128-120 in additional time at United Middle for a fifth straight win. “I like being round a locker room the place the vibrations are simply profitable. They usually received [Miles McBride] taking part in forward of me. I can’t hate on that younger man.”

Rose, actually, doesn’t need to go elsewhere, even when that meant extra taking part in time.

“I need to keep right here,” he mentioned.

Knicks
Derrick Rose
Getty Pictures

Wednesday was clearly tough. He was in his hometown, the place he was an MVP and the face of the Bulls for a number of years, didn’t get into the sport. After an unsightly loss to the Mavericks on Dec. 3, Thibodeau reduce his rotation to 9 and changed Rose with McBride, a second-year guard identified for his protection. McBride helped the Knicks win 4 straight, and Rose didn’t get off the bench in that stretch.

“Simply making an attempt to determine how I can add extra to the group with out being on the market,” Rose mentioned. “It’s being extra vocal, expressing how I really feel. Asking about coverages to assist the younger guys. Simply lead by instance.”

Rose was in a contemplative temper, speaking about a few of his plans for all times after basketball. These embrace beginning a chess league, constructing a library and going into farming. However that doesn’t imply his thoughts is wherever however on basketball now even when he’s not taking part in a lot lately.

Thibodeau praised how the 34-year-old has dealt with the demotion, though the Knicks’ coach didn’t need to use that actual phrase. He additionally has made it clear it’s not essentially everlasting. Accidents occur. The rotation has modified a number of instances this 12 months already.

“That’s why I received to maintain a rhythm,” Rose, a three-time All-Star, mentioned. “I by no means need to be in a droop. Or get down simply because I’m not taking part in.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post