Ohio State football player reveals cancer diagnosis: ‘I will fight this!’

Ohio State offensive lineman Avery Henry has been recognized with osteosarcoma, a type of bone most cancers, he introduced on Monday.

Henry, a 6-foot-6, 309-pound freshman, took to Twitter to share the information and thanked his Buckeyes teammates and training employees for his or her assist.

“This isn’t the best way I needed to launch this, however I do know no different method,” Henry wrote. “A pair days in the past I used to be recognized with osteosarcoma, a type of bone most cancers. I'll battle this! I've by no means been a statistic and I by no means will! I need to thank my brothers and coaches for the infinite assist!”

Following his announcment, Henry’s Ohio State teammates, together with offensive sort out Paris Johnson Jr. and working again Dallan Hayden, shared messages of assist.

“We love you brother, we're with you on this battle!” Johnson tweeted.

“You bought this brother … all of us right here for ya!!” Hayden wrote.

Avery Henry
Avery Henry
Instagram/king_henry2.0
Avery Henry, center, at Ohio Stadium.
Avery Henry, middle, at Ohio Stadium.
Instagram/king_henry2.0

Osteosarcoma is the commonest kind of most cancers that begins within the bones and is most typical in youngsters, teenagers and younger adults, in accordance with the American Most cancers Society.  

Henry, a 3-star prospect, didn't play this season for Ohio State. He entered this system in June after initially asserting his intention to decide to Iowa State. The St. Clairsville, Ohio, native finally determined to signal with the Buckeyes to be nearer to dwelling.

“Being that my mother’s a single mother, she will be able to’t make that distance on a regular basis,” Henry informed Cleveland.com in November 2021. “We at all times talked about what if Ohio State supplied. I informed my mother I used to be gonna take it if it got here. It was unbelievable after I first acquired it. I didn’t notice for the primary day or so.”

Avery Henry
Avery Henry
Instagram/king_henry2.0

Henry was one of many top-10 ranked offensive linemen within the state of Ohio by 247Sports.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post