T.J. Warren showing his defensive prowess for Nets

Three weeks after his return to the courtroom, T.J. Warren stated his surgically repaired foot feels robust — and is getting stronger.

“Yeah, my foot was good. It’s getting higher each sport,” the Nets ahead stated. “Each time I’m on the market, I really feel like beginning to really feel that myself increasingly more and extra, undoubtedly.

“Being out two years and coming again, I really feel like I’ve been adjusting fairly effectively, I believe higher than what individuals need. But it surely’s at all times room for enchancment. I’m nonetheless getting my legs underneath me. So it’s getting increasingly more snug on the market.”

Warren had primarily missed two years with a number of stress fractures and two surgical procedures, earlier than lastly coming again Dec. 2. He has been handled with child gloves by the Nets and has had his minutes managed, however he has proven no rust aside from his 3-point shot. And his protection has been a pleasing shock. He has hardly lived as much as the status as a sieve, which he feels was by no means deserved.

“I’m absolutely assured in myself. I do know what I can present for a staff. Simply being a two-way participant, locking in on protection,” stated Warren, whose plus-8.1 web ranking is on tempo for a career-best. “I really feel like lots of people didn’t assume I can play protection. I don’t know the place that narrative got here from, however I’ve been enhancing on that finish in addition to being a scorer. Simply being aggressive after I’m locked in.”

T.J. Warren
T.J. Warren
Corey Sipkin

Royce O’Neale’s taking part in time, upon his return from a two-game absence as a consequence of private causes, has been in the reduction of to 32:28 and 31:37.

“I’m taking part in basketball, so I felt good,” O’Neale, who had been second within the NBA in minutes performed earlier within the season, stated with a shrug.

“It was nice to get a relaxation. I didn’t know I used to be quantity two in minutes, however that’s simply me placing in plenty of arduous work and being able to play each sport, each minute.”

O’Neale, who spent 5 years with the Jazz alongside Donovan Mitchell, stated he had no clue of his longtime buddy’s feedback concerning the psychological pressure surrounding the delicate and not-so-subtle racial facets of taking part in in Salt Lake Metropolis.


Patty Mills practiced Tuesday and will likely be obtainable Wednesday versus the Warriors after he missed the final two video games with a non-COVID sickness.

David Duke Jr., Kessler Edwards, Day’Ron Sharpe and Donovan Williams are all out on G-League task with Lengthy Island, however the Nets are lastly anticipated to have a clear harm listing.

The Warriors, who had been blown out by the Knicks on Tuesday, couldn’t say as a lot.

Stephen Curry (left shoulder subluxation), Donte DiVincenzo (non-COVID sickness), JaMychal Inexperienced (well being and security protocols), Andre Iguodala (left hip), and Andrew Wiggins (proper adductor pressure) had been all out, whereas Jonathan Kuminga (left knee soreness) performed and scored 13 factors within the loss and Klay Thompson (left knee soreness) added 11.


Nets proprietor Joe Tsai plans to promote an 8 % stake in Alibaba, the e-commerce big he co-founded, based on a latest SEC submitting. … Kevin Durant and enterprise associate Wealthy Kleiman are shopping for a Main League Pickleball growth staff, based on Sportico.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post