Former Indiana basketball player stuck in Ukraine amid Russian invasion: ‘I’m terrified’

Former Indiana Hoosier basketball participant Maurice Creek is stranded in Ukraine amid Russia’s invasion and mentioned his newest try to flee the nation Saturday was placed on maintain as a result of safety points. 

Creek, who performs professionally within the Ukrainian SuperLeague, advised WJLA Friday he's caught in Mykolaiv, Ukraine, and that the state of affairs has left him feeling “terrified.” 

“My mom is crying daily, my father is apprehensive sick, my brothers are calling me nonstop daily,” Creek mentioned of his household again residence in Maryland. 

“I’m terrified, I’m terrified,” Creek added. “I’m not simply that as a result of I’m in it, I’m saying it as a result of it’s actual. I’m not gonna lie, I’m terrified proper now. It’s a horrible time, so I can use all of the consolation and want all of the love and help I can get.”

Creek has been lively on social media, updating his state of affairs. He advised the station he has been shifting between his residence and bomb shelters for the reason that assaults started. 

Saturday morning, Creek reported he was on his method out of Ukraine. An hour later, he mentioned he was nonetheless caught. 

Maurice Creek said the situation has left him terrified, as the Ukrainian SuperLeague player has been active on social media updating his situation.
Maurice Creek mentioned the state of affairs has left him terrified, because the Ukrainian SuperLeague participant has been lively on social media updating his state of affairs.
Barcroft Media by way of Getty Pictures

“JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I WOULD BE GETTING OUT UKRAINE TODAY… THE SIRENS GO OFF,” he lamented in a tweet. 

The 31-year-old performed three seasons with the Hoosiers earlier than transferring to George Washington College in 2013. He started his worldwide profession the next season earlier than becoming a member of the SuperLeague in 2018.  

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post