Ukraine tennis star Sergiy Stakhovsky joins military reserves to fight Russia: ‘Proud to be Ukrainian’

Ukrainian tennis star Sergiy Stakhovsky enlisted in his nation’s navy reserves as Russia continues its invasion of the nation, he stated.

Stakhovsky, 36, a four-time ATP Tour title winner who rose to stardom after he beat Roger Federer at Wimbledon in 2013, stated Saturday that he joined the navy final week and was desperate to return to his dwelling nation to assist combat, Reuters reported.

“After all, I'd combat, it’s the one cause I’m attempting to get again,” Stakhovsky informed Sky Information, noting he doesn't have navy expertise, however he has “expertise with a gun privately.”

“My dad and brother are surgeons, they're wired, however I converse to them regularly — they sleep within the basement,” he added, Reuters reported.

In a social media publish, Stakhovsky stated he was pleased with his nation and its armed forces.

“I'm pleased with @ukraine_defence I'm pleased with @national_guard_of_ukraine I'm pleased with my president @zelenskiy_official I'm pleased with each Ukrainian. I'm proud to be Ukrainian.
Imagine in our navy … imagine in our invincibility. Glory to Ukraine,” he wrote in a publish, based on an English translation. 

Dayana Yastremska, one other Ukrainian tennis skilled, wrote on social media that her household despatched her and her sister in another country for his or her security.

Sergiy Stakhovsky, who enlisted in his country's military reserves Saturday, said he was proud of his country and its armed forces.
Sergiy Stakhovsky, who enlisted in his nation’s navy reserves Saturday, stated he was pleased with his nation and its armed forces.
Instagram – Sergiy Stakhovsky

“After spending two nights within the underground parking, my dad and mom decided at any value to ship me and my little sister out of Ukraine! Mother, Dad, we love you very a lot, deal with your self!!! I like you my nation,” she wrote on Instagram.

Lesia Tsurenko, one other Ukrainian tenis participant, known as for the tennis neighborhood to unite collectively to help Ukraine and to sentence Russian aggression.

“It’s simply unacceptable that folks in my nation die due to political ambitions of [a] Russian dictator!” she wrote in a publish. “I simply need peace and need to have the ability to come again dwelling.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post