John Cena slammed for using Ukraine war to promote ‘Peacekeeper’ series

John Cena received himself into a bath of scorching water on Thursday amid the continuing Ukraine-Russia battle.

The actor-turned-wrestler, 44, seemingly used the Russian invasion of Ukraine to advertise his HBO Max present “Peacemaker” on Twitter and sparked a significant backlash.

“If I may someway summon the powers of an actual life #Peacemaker I feel this might be a good time to take action,” he blatantly tweeted in regards to the titular DC superhero amid the battle. The character had his display debut in 2021’s “The Suicide Squad” and could be described as a brazen hero who makes use of violence to realize peace at any price.

Cena’s assertion rapidly went viral as his followers denounced his “insensitive” phrases.

Customers piled on in regards to the tweet, with one writing, “I’m simply saying there may be by no means an acceptable second to say this, particularly now.”

“Nice time to hashtag your present for trending functions 🤣 very insensitive don’t you assume?” one other requested. “John, that is in poor style. Additionally your character will not be the nice man,” wrote one fan.

One other recommended that Cena use his personal wealth and assets to assist the European international locations at battle.

“I hope you didn’t imply to come back off as disrespectful by utilizing this to advertise your present,” they wrote. “You don’t have the powers of peacemaker however you do have the ability of cash and standing. Please donate to assist Ukraine or unfold the hyperlink to donate.”

“A bit tone deaf @JohnCena. Please delete. {That is from] a dialog I’m in: Households have actually been blown to items in Ukraine. In the meantime Cena, ‘I AM A COMIC BOOK ACTOR, IF MY CHARACTER WAS REAL, I WOULD STOP IT FROM HAPPENING,'” a fan defined.


Get the newestupdateswithin the Russia-Ukraine battle with the Publish’s dwell protection.


“I really feel like I shouldn’t have to clarify this to you however the energy of peacemaker is murdering individuals,” another person then identified to the “F9” star.

This isn't the primary time Cena has gotten himself underneath fireplace over worldwide affairs. In Might 2021, he was hit with hate for supporting the Chinese language Communist Social gathering whereas on a promotional tour for the ninth installment of the “Quick and Livid” franchise. He apologized to China on the time for calling Taiwan a rustic and mentioned the apology in Mandarin.

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA - AUGUST 02: John Cena attends the Warner Bros. premiere of "The Suicide Squad" at Regency Village Theatre on August 02, 2021 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Matt Winkelmeyer/Getty Images)
Cena dons the costume of his “The Suicide Squad” and HBO Max character, Peacemaker.
Getty Photographs

“Hello China, I’m John Cena. I’m in the midst of ‘Quick and Livid 9’ promotions. I’m doing quite a lot of interviews. I made a mistake in certainly one of my interviews,” he mentioned.

“I made one mistake. I've to say one thing very, very, essential now. I like and respect China and Chinese language individuals. I’m very, very sorry about my mistake. I apologize, I apologize, I’m very sorry. You will need to perceive that I actually love, actually respect China and the Chinese language individuals. My apologies. See you​,” he continued. ​

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post