Kamila Valieva speaks out after Olympic figure skating controversy

Russian determine skater Kamila Valieva is feeling grateful for her assist system after her dramatic expertise on the Beijing Olympics, throughout which the 15-year-old was thrust into the highlight over a failed drug check.

Valieva took to Instagram this week to replicate on her expertise, which ended final week after she completed fourth within the ladies’s particular person occasion.

“I need to thank everybody who has been with me throughout this robust interval: who was by my aspect and didn't let me lose coronary heart, who despatched me supportive messages, who was simply considering of me, who prayed, who believed me and in me,” Valieva captioned her put up, which included images taken on the Video games.

“Thanks, my followers, my household and buddies, my coaches, the complete ROC crew, my nation, and other people from all around the world. THANK YOU ALL!!!! I AM FOREVER GRATEFUL!!!! I'll at all times keep in mind this, be grateful to you and skate for you.”

On Monday, Valieva mirrored on her first Olympics in a separate Instagram put up that featured extra snapshots from Beijing.

“My first Olympiad is lastly over, and I need to thank those that led me to this most vital occasion within the lifetime of an athlete,” she wrote, tagging her coaches within the put up.

“You're absolute masters in your discipline! And also you not solely practice, but additionally train to beat your self, which helps not solely in sports activities, but additionally in life. With you by my aspect, I really feel protected and in a position to go any check. Thanks for serving to me be sturdy.”

Valieva made worldwide headlines earlier this month after she failed a drug check because of a coronary heart treatment, trimetazidine, that's thought of a banned substance. The pattern examined was taken following a December meet, however was not revealed till after Valieva led the Russian Olympic Committee to gold within the crew occasion with a historic quad soar. The medal ceremony for the occasion was subsequently delayed.

Russia
Kamila Valieva
AP

The teenager was later cleared to proceed competing following an enchantment of her interim ban. The Worldwide Olympic Committee has mentioned completely different guidelines apply to minors, making Valieva a “protected individual.”

Valieva’s coach, Eteri Tutberidze additionally addressed the scenario in a separate put up on Instagram this week.

“Kamila Valieva — Olympic champion in crew competitions, our star. Very fragile and on the similar time very sturdy athlete. The check that fell to Camila, our entire crew must undergo collectively,” Tutberidze wrote alongside a collage of images from the Olympics.

“How indicative are such conditions — those that had been smiling yesterday, at present left the stands, defiantly ignored and attacked like jackals, providing completely different strategies of inquisition. A lot the higher, destiny takes these individuals away from us, as if exposing the reality.”

An emotional Valieva was in tears after she didn't land a soar throughout the person occasion and fell to fourth within the determine skating finale final week.

Anna Shcherbakova, 17, Valieva’s teammate, received the person gold. One other teammate, Alexandra Trusova, secured silver.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post