NYC mom still shaken after horrifying armed robbery in Bronx: ‘Don’t take my baby’

A single Bronx mother on Thursday recounted the harrowing second she needed to beg for her autistic 3-year-old son’s life — as a pair of robbers put a gun to his head as they have been on the best way to high school.

Maxi Feliz, 35, stated she clung desperately to her younger son as one of many gunmen tried to pry him away from her within the foyer of their house constructing Wednesday morning.

“I begged them, ‘Take every part however don’t do something to my child,'” Feliz advised The Put up on Thursday. “The man who had his gun on me inspired the opposite man to take the child and I used to be screaming, ‘Don’t take my child!’

“I held on to Max they usually tried to tug him away from me, however then they gave up and ran out,” she stated. “I walked out and screamed for assist, then one of many guys got here again, pointed his gun at me and advised me to go dwelling.”

Feliz was taking Max to his faculty drop-off round 8:20 a.m. Wednesday when the gunmen accosted them within the foyer of their Kingsbridge Heights constructing.

“My son is autistic,” she stated by means of an interpreter. “I imagine my son has a present and may sense hazard instinctively. Max loves going out. He hates staying contained in the house all day. Each morning Max waits excitedly by the door for us to depart.

Maxi Feliz begged the group to not take her child from her.
Maxi Feliz begged the group to not take her baby from her.
Brigitte Stelzer
The incident occurred as Feliz was set to take her baby to his faculty drop-off.
Brigitte Stelzer
The thieves made off with $1,500 in cash along the woman's iPhone and car keys.
The thieves made off with $1,500 after which took off within the Vary Rover.
DCPI
Maxi Feliz and her 3-year-old child who were held at gun point during a robbery on March 9, 2022.
Maxi Feliz and her 3-year-old baby who have been held at gun level throughout a theft on March 9, 2022.
Brigitte Stelzer

“However yesterday he didn't wish to exit,” she stated.

They made off together with her purse, which she says is value $1,500, her cellphone, and drove off in her white Vary Rover after dumping Max’s baby security seat on the sidewalk.

The NYPD later launched surveillance pictures of the heartless thieves as they fled.

Police stated the 2 have been staking out the foyer of the constructing for greater than an hour earlier than pulling off the theft — and Feliz believes it was a setup.

“Simply because my automobile seems to be good doesn’t imply I'm wealthy,” she stated. “I moved to America to work exhausting and make a greater life for myself. I constructed up good credit score and was capable of purchase a cushty automobile for my son and I.

“Loads of Vary Rovers drive previous right here,” she added. “I don’t know why I used to be focused.”

Feliz, a local of the Dominican Republic, moved to the US in 2013 to discover a higher life, and have become a citizen final yr, she advised The Put up.

Feliz said she believes her son can "instinctively" sense danger.
Feliz stated she believes her son can “instinctively” sense hazard.
Brigitte Stelzer
Police said the robbers were staking out near the building for more than an hour before the incident.
Police stated the robbers have been staking out close to the constructing for greater than an hour earlier than the incident.
Brigitte Stelzer
Feliz was taking Max to his school drop-off around 8:20 a.m. Wednesday when the gunmen accosted them in the lobby of their Kingsbridge Heights building.
The gunmen accosted the 2 within the foyer of their Kingsbridge Heights constructing.
Brigitte Stelzer

Divorced 5 years in the past, she stated she makes ends meet by driving for Uber Premier and Lyft Lux whereas working one other job on the facet as an occasion promoter.

Now, she says the nightmarish encounter in her foyer has scarred each her and her son.

“Max has been actually confused because the theft,” Feliz stated. “He has been banging on the partitions, pacing up and down, and simply needs to carry me all day. He can’t specific himself, however I'm one hundred pc positive he is aware of what occurred to us.

“You don’t violate a child,” she added. “You don’t. You respect a child. I hope these males discover a conscience and understand what they've performed to an harmless lady and baby.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post