Scottie Scheffler’s wife Meredith had emotional TV moment during Masters victory

An emotional Meredith Scudder teared up Sunday afternoon as husband Scottie Scheffler sealed his 2022 Masters’ victory at Augusta Nationwide.

Scudder, who has been married to Scheffler since 2020, was sitting among the many spectators moments earlier than the 25-year-old earned received his first-ever Main championship.

Scheffler, the world’s No. 1 ranked golfer, completed Sunday’s remaining spherical at 1-under par and 10-under for the complete event. Moments after sinking his remaining putt, Scheffler embraced Scudder on the inexperienced, with the couple sharing a kiss.

Meredith Scudder tears up as husband Scottie Scheffler wins the 2022 Masters on Sunday, April 10, 2022
Meredith Scudder tears up as husband Scottie Scheffler wins the 2022 Masters on Sunday, April 10, 2022
Twitter/The Masters
Meredith Scudder and Scottie Scheffler kiss following his 2022 Masters win on Sunday, April 10, 2022
Meredith Scudder and Scottie Scheffler kiss following his 2022 Masters win on Sunday, April 10, 2022
Getty Photos
Scottie Scheffler and wife Meredith Scudder at Augusta National on Sunday, April 10, 2022
Scottie Scheffler and spouse Meredith Scudder at Augusta Nationwide on Sunday, April 10, 2022
PGA TOUR

In a post-tournament interview, Scheffler spoke about how Scudder inspired him Sunday morning within the hours main as much as his afternoon tee time.

“I cried like a child this morning,” the New Jersey native recalled. “I used to be so wired. I didn’t know what to do. I used to be sitting there telling Meredith [my wife], ‘I don’t suppose I’m prepared for this. I’m not prepared, I don’t really feel like I’m prepared for this type of stuff.’ I simply felt overwhelmed.

“She informed me, ‘Who're you to say that you're not prepared?’ What we talked about is that God is in management and that the Lord is main me; and if in the present day is my time, it’s my time.”

Scottie Scheffler celebrates his first-ever Masters win on Sunday, April 10, 2022
Scottie Scheffler celebrates his first-ever Masters win on Sunday, April 10, 2022
PGA TOUR/Getty Photos

Scheffler now has 4 PGA Tour victories to his identify — all coming since February. That features final month’s Arnold Palmer Invitational and the World Golf Championships-Dell Applied sciences Match Play, each of which he celebrated with Scudder by his facet.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post