Jewelry influencers share their shopping secrets

Will Khan | @willsnotebook

The City & Nation contributing editor and magnificence author (under left) has amassed a cult following for his imaginative posts that includes  jewellery shot on spiral-bound notebooks.

Van Cleef & Arpels Zodiaque “Cancri” necklace in 18-k rose gold with quartz, $21,100 at London Jewelers
Van Cleef & Arpels Zodiaque “Cancri” necklace in 18-k rose gold with quartz, $21,100 at London Jewelers
NY Put up photograph composite

Instagram followers: 50,000

Signature jewel fashion: I don’t put on a lot jewellery myself, however for the jewellery I present in my pocket book, I really like colour, particularly wealthy saturated gems combined in stunning methods.

Iconic red-carpet second: Charlize Theron (above) on the 2019 Oscars in a double-wrap diamond Bulgari Serpenti over a light-blue Dior robe. Elegant and complicated but in addition ultraglam.

First piece of jewellery: Although I’m Jewish, I purchased a St. Christopher medal on the Vatican for good luck in my travels. No matter faith, I figured it couldn’t harm. 

First jewellery splurge: After I obtained my job at City & Nation I purchased myself a classic metal Rolex Datejust, impressed by my menswear idols Steve McQueen and Paul Newman. It gave me a lift of confidence.

Secret tip: My favourite piece to suggest is the Buccellati Hawaii earring. It’s quite a lot of look, whereas nonetheless gentle and cozy to put on, and could be worn day or night time.

Dream jewel: I’m at present obsessive about zodiac medallions. Van Cleef’s new variations in arduous stones like lapis and tiger’s eye are the final word dream.



Ilaria Urbinati | @ilariaurbinati

The LA-based founding father of males’s life-style web site Leo (under left) was born in Rome, raised in Paris and is a vogue stylist for A-listers Rami Malek, Dwayne Johnson and Tom Hiddleston.

David Yurman Renaissance pearl earrings in 18-k yellow gold with diamonds, $6,200 at London Jewelers
David Yurman Renaissancepearl earrings in 18-k yellow gold with diamonds, $6,200 at London Jewelers
NY Put up photograph composite

Instagram followers: 237,000

Signature jewel fashion: Very minimal.

Iconic red-carpet second: The attractive Cartier lapel pin Rami Malek (above) simply wore to the 2022 Oscars. The model obtained so many calls about it afterward!

First piece of jewellery: Just a little gold Virgin Mary pendant from my grandparents at my First Communion. 

First jewellery splurge: I've quite a lot of stunning David Yurman items that I really like, together with attractive pearl earrings with diamonds and a light-green peridot pair of oversize studs. Additionally my IWC pilot watch. 

Secret tip: Gold hoops make everybody look younger. I put on outsized diamond studs for a rich-bitch look; gold hoops for a sexier, younger, gypsy vibe; and pearls for a classy girl look. I choose earrings to every other jewellery as a result of they body the face. Missoma makes all my favourite inexpensive jewellery and the best hoops at nice costs. 

Dream jewel: My David Yurman emerald-and-diamond wedding ceremony band. I’ll be very excited to lastly get to put on it after our wedding ceremony later this 12 months. 



Sara Thomeier | @PhillipsJewels

Head of jewels for the Americas at Phillips, NYC-based Thomeier (under left) shares her high picks and discerning insights on the public sale home’s well-liked Instagram.

Messika by Kate Moss 18-k yellow-gold head jewel with malachite and diamonds, price upon request at London Jewelers
Messika by Kate Moss 18-k yellow-gold head jewel with malachite and diamonds, worth upon request at London Jewelers
NY Put up photograph composite

Instagram followers: 28,000

Iconic red-carpet second: Deepika Padukone (above) on the 2017 Met Gala. This was my fave of all time — jewels within the hair, killer earrings, embellished straps and a horny, second-skin robe. Magnifique!

First piece of jewellery: After I was only a woman, my mother gave me a gold appeal bracelet, and for birthdays and large occasions, she and my dad would reward me a appeal. Now I've three of them overflowing (it’s been a charmed life)! It’s a good way to really feel near the folks and locations expensive to my coronary heart.

First jewellery splurge: A pair of Cartier diamond stud earrings. They had been greater than I may afford, however I wished massive ones! I’ve gotten a lot of mileage out of them, so I’ve by no means regretted it for a second.

Secret tip: In case you’re inventive, your jewels could be remodeled. Slide a number of coordinating brooches onto a thick snake chain — it turns into a enjoyable and funky assertion necklace. You may make earrings into hair ornaments, whereas a fairly ribbon secured to the ends of an awesome strap bracelet can convert it to a choker. 

Dream jewel: Sooner or later I’d like to have a good looking Deco-era Cartier bandeau. Messika is creating an unbelievable assortment of recent tiaras with the basic design aesthetic of the golden years, so that may do fairly effectively, too! 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post