Louisiana college mourns Arlana Miller who put ‘suicide’ note on Instagram

A Louisiana school is mourning the loss of life of a freshman cheerleader discovered lifeless after she posted a prolonged “suicide” word on social media.

Arlana Miller, 19, who attended Southern College and A&M Faculty in Baton Rouge, penned a heartbreaking Instagram publish previous to being discovered lifeless late Wednesday.

Screenshots of Miller’s troubling ultimate publish circulating on-line confirmed she had struggled in her lessons on the traditionally black school the place she majored in agriculture.

“I've been surrounded by individuals who could have actually thought that I used to be okay, however I [haven’t] been okay for some time,” Miller wrote. “I struggled a lot by simply this yr alone … to the folks in my life I pray you study to vocalize your emotions and get assist at all times!!!”

Miller stated she “failed” at following her personal recommendation whereas thanking her mom.

“I pray you already know I’m at relaxation now!” Miller’s publish continued. “You'll’ve given every little thing to see me glad …. I’m glad within the water whee every little thing remains to be and peaceable. I've written so many suicide notes in my life however lastly, I’ve reached my finish.”

The Southern University Athletic Department released a statement mourning the loss of Arlana Miller.
The Southern College Athletic Division launched an announcement mourning the lack of Arlana Miller.
@SouthernUsports

Miller stated she knew she was about to let her family members down together with her actions, however stated her ache appeared “insufferable” to beat.

“I’ve been lifeless inside for too lengthy,” the publish continued. “I’m completed preventing. My battle is over and I pray everybody finds peace in that.”

Miller’s ultimate publish was now not obtainable on her profile Friday. The account options a number of pictures of the Texas native in her school cheerleading uniform.

The varsity’s athletic director stated the division was notified of Miller’s social media publish, which led to the “unlucky announcement” on Thursday.

The college’s president-chancellor, Ray Belton, additionally acknowledged Miller’s loss of life in an announcement.

“We provide our sincerest prayers and condolences to her household, classmates, teammates and all who knew and liked her,” Belton stated Thursday.

Grief counselors have been made obtainable to college students within the aftermath of Miller’s loss of life, Belton stated.

Cheerleaders and different student-athletes additionally obtained counseling on the evening of Miller’s loss of life, a faculty spokeswoman instructed The Publish.

The spokeswoman referred inquiries concerning Miller’s reason behind loss of life to the West Baton Rouge Sheriff’s Workplace, which didn't return a message searching for remark.

An inquiry searching for the trigger and method of Miller’s loss of life from the West Baton Rouge Parish Medical Examiner & Coroner was additionally not instantly returned Friday.

For those who or somebody you already know is affected by any of the problems raised on this story, name the Nationwide Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-TALK (8255) or textual content Disaster Textual content Line at 741741.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post