Rebel Wilson shares ‘awful’ #MeToo moment with co-star: ‘Such gross behavior’

Insurgent Wilson is opening up about an “terrible and disgusting” #MeToo second that concerned a male former co-star on a movie shoot.

The 42-year-old Aussie alleged to Individuals that she was harassed by a castmate, whom she didn't establish, on a film set a number of years in the past — and it shockingly was finished in entrance of a gaggle of his associates.

“He known as me right into a room and pulled down his pants,” she mentioned. The “terrible man” then reportedly proceeded to make an unspecified “gross” request of the “Bridesmaids” actress.

“It was terrible and disgusting,” she added. “And all of the habits afterwards — this was all earlier than #MeToo — the place they sort of tried to destroy me and my profession.

“If it had occurred after #MeToo, then I might have simply blasted them,” the “Senior 12 months” star added, noting that her legislation diploma got here in helpful.

“As a result of I’m a lawyer, I documented it,” mentioned Wilson, who graduated from the College of New South Wales in 2009. “I known as my rep. I obtained sure issues in writing about what occurred.”

NEW YORK, NY - MAY 05: Actress Rebel Wilson is seen in Midtown on May 5, 2022 in New York City. (Photo by Raymond Hall/GC Images)
Australian actress Insurgent Wilson detailed her expertise with a male co-star on a movie she did a number of years in the past.
GC Pictures
LONDON, ENGLAND - MARCH 13: Rebel Wilson attends the British Vogue and Tiffany & Co. Fashion and Film Party 2022 at Annabel's on March 13, 2022 in London, England. (Photo by David M. Benett/Dave Benett/Getty Images)
“If it occurred once more, I might most likely get up for myself much more,” Wilson declared about her #MeToo expertise.
Dave Benett/Getty Pictures

She mentioned she additionally “made certain folks knew what occurred” to her. 

“I ought to have left. It wasn’t price it,” she mentioned of her expertise on the set. “However on the similar time, I used to be like, ‘Oh effectively, do the correct factor, be an expert and end the film.’ Now I might by no means try this.”

Rebel Wilson hosted the BAFTAs after the ceremony was mostly virtual in 2021.
The “Bridesmaids” alum holds levels in theatre and efficiency research and legislation from the College of New South Wales.
Photograph by David M. Benett/Dave Benett/Getty Pictures

She recalled reporting the incident to higher-ups, although she was hesitant to take action.

“I believed even complaining to my company was a giant step. And to complain to the studio,” Wilson mentioned. “I discovered I used to be just like the fourth individual to complain in regards to the man. Such gross habits, however lots of girls have had it approach worse.”

Since then, nevertheless, she realized she might take issues a step additional.

“If it occurred once more, I might most likely get up for myself much more simply due to the bravery of the opposite girls which have stood up and now allowed me a possibility,” Wilson defined.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post