Bobby Brown says ‘drugs got the best’ of him and Whitney Houston in new doc

For Bobby Brown, it was “love at first sight” when he met Whitney Houston backstage on the 1989 “Soul Practice Music Awards.”

However apparently, the “My Prerogative” singer and the late pop celebrity additionally had the best lust of all.

“Me and Whitney’s intercourse life was fairly intense,” says the R&B crooner within the new documentary “Biography: Bobby Brown,” which premieres on A&E Monday and Tuesday nights. “It didn’t matter the place we had been. It was a couple of sure look, and she or he checked out me a sure means. It was on and poppin’.” 

Brown, 53, says that he was hooked on Houston’s odor in addition to her eyes. “There was one thing about her eyes that made me soften inside,” he says. “Simply the way in which she checked out me from Day 1 till the final day we had been collectively, it was at all times particular.”

Describing Houston as “the love of my life,” Brown says, “She was simply the kindest, sweetest person who I knew.”

Bobby Brown and Whitney Houston
Bobby Brown and the late Whitney Houston bought divorced in 2007.
Sygma through Getty Pictures

However on their wedding ceremony day on July 18, 1992, Brown was shocked to find one other facet of Houston.

“I walked in and, um, noticed her doing a line of coke. It was a shocker to me seeing her sniff for the primary time,” he reveals.

“I feel that was once I realized that we had extra in widespread than I assumed. I used to be new to it, and I suppose she had been doing it for some time.” 

Along with substance abuse on each their elements, there have been points about Houston’s longtime assistant — and former lover — Robyn Crawford.

Bobby Brown and Whitney Houston
After assembly on the “Soul Practice Music Awards” in 1989, Bobby Brown and Whitney Houston bought married in 1992.
Getty Pictures

“I didn’t know that Whitney’s relationship was extra than simply buddies till afterward in our marriage,” says Brown. “I feel our marriage was rising, and there was no room for a 3rd individual in our marriage.”

Now, although, Brown regrets that Crawford ended up leaving Houston’s staff. “Robyn was a very good pal to Whitney,” he says, “and I can say that I want Robyn was nonetheless in her life,  you realize, on the finish.”

Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown
Bobby Brown says that he and Whitney Houston had an “intense” intercourse life in his new A&E doc.
Copyright: Todd Kaplan

And Brown will at all times remorse that medication got here between him and Houston, resulting in their divorce in 2007. 

“We at all times felt that our love was sturdy sufficient to beat any impediment that was put in entrance of us,” he says of his relationship with Houston, who died Feb. 11, 2012. “We'd nonetheless be collectively if it wasn’t for, you realize, medication. Medication simply bought the very best of us.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post