Delonte West gives update after viral panhandling video

Former NBA participant Delonte West insists he’s doing OK and isn’t accomplished with the NBA after a viral video emerged final week displaying him panhandling on the aspect of the highway in Virginia.

“It's what it's,” West informed The Picture Direct when requested how he's doing in wake of the video.

“I bought youngsters. I’m in between jobs. Folks might help me as a lot as they will, however you already know, as a person I gotta do what I gotta do for my infants,” added West, who has two sons.

West, the twenty fourth general decide by the Celtics within the 2004 NBA Draft, has publicly handled psychological well being struggles, substance abuse and bipolar dysfunction. He entered rehab in 2020 with assist from Dallas Mavericks proprietor Mark Cuban. Final October, he reportedly relapsed and was arrested exterior a Florida police division.

In February, West made headlines when video footage confirmed the previous NBA guard getting pictures up within the health club. TMZ reported on the time that he was coaching to check out for Ice Dice’s BIG3 league. West reportedly “no-showed” for the league’s draft final month.

Delonte West addressed the video of him panhandling that went viral last week.
Delonte West addressed the video of him panhandling that went viral final week.
TheImageDirect

“I used to be excited to have the chance,” he mentioned, including, “I’ll be there subsequent season. I’ll be there rooting guys on.”

West, 38, additionally mentioned he hopes to at some point be part of an NBA teaching employees.

“I’m at all times concerned within the sport I really like. Final yr, I used to be scouting for the Dallas Mavericks and the earlier three years, I used to be an NBA scout for the Boston Celtics.

“I used to be really trying ahead to being a head coach or assistant coach within the NBA this season however like I mentioned, it’s a enterprise which have lots of people concerned and wanna keep concerned. Prayerfully, fortunately I’ll be up for dialogue this upcoming season.”

Delonte West says he hopes to be involved in the NBA in the future.
Delonte West says he hopes to be concerned within the NBA sooner or later.
TheImageDirect

West performed eight seasons within the NBA for the Mavericks, Celtics, Cavaliers and Seattle SuperSonics.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post