Grayson Murray jabs Kevin Na after golf rival defects to Saudi-backed tour

Kevin Na’s PGA farewell tour wasn’t with out a few final phrases from a rival.

Hours after Na introduced Saturday that he’s deflecting from the PGA Tour to affix the Saudi-backed LIV Golf, fellow professional Grayson Murray — who has sparred with Na previously — tweeted the 38-year-old “gained’t be missed.”

“Like I stated on the vary in Mexico. you gained’t be missed @kevinna915! @PGATOUR our rounds simply acquired 20 minutes sooner,” Murray, 28, wrote.

Murray and Na’s beef started in January when Murray tweeted in the course of the Sony Open: “Kevin Na taking 3 minutes to putt them does get outdated.”

Na, who's at the moment ranked thirty third on the earth, later replied, “U lacking the lower is getting outdated!”

The feud spilled over into the true world months later, when Murray and Na had a confrontation at a driving vary earlier than the Mexico Open in April.

Grayson Murray responded to Kevin Na's announcement Saturday that he's deflecting to LIV Golf from the PGA Tour
Grayson Murray responded to Kevin Na’s announcement Saturday that he’s deflecting to LIV Golf from the PGA Tour
Getty Pictures

“He was cussing at me telling me I ought to have advised him in particular person, blah blah blah,” Murray stated of Na’s alleged actions on the “Stripe Present” podcast.

“I imply (he was) loud. The vary was filled with 40 guys. I assure you each considered one of them may have heard what he stated and the caddies.”

Murray, who gained the Barbasol Championship in 2017, added, “I stated if I wasn’t going to get suspended I’d drop his ass proper there on the vary as a result of what he stated to me was very immature and I do know he wouldn’t have stated it to me if we had been seeing one another on the highway exterior of the golf course.”

Kevin Na and Grayson Murray have sparred with one another in the past
Kevin Na and Grayson Murray have sparred with each other previously
Getty Pictures

Later within the day Saturday although, Murray appeared to vary his tone about Na, who had been linked to the Saudi league for a while.

“I don’t wish to be a bully. I apologize to @kevinna915. I’d be doing the very same factor if i had been him. additionally, for anybody who says i suck at golf y’all are flawed,” he tweeted.

Na, a five-time PGA Tour winner, will be a part of Sergio Garcia, Martin Kaymer, Graeme McDowell, Ian Poulter, and Dustin Johnson, amongst others taking part within the first LIV Golf match subsequent week in London.

The PGA Tour has threatened gamers with disciplinary motion for taking part in LIV occasions. RBC, a outstanding sponsor for Johnson, 37, lower ties with the previous Masters champ within the wake of his determination.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post