Jets’ Elijah Moore looking to build on strong rookie season

Elijah Moore is prepared for his encore.

The Jets huge receiver had a promising rookie season and now needs to construct on that in Yr 2.

“I really feel like I’ve received a lot to perform,” Moore stated Wednesday on the conclusion of minicamp. “I simply really feel like I want to know the offense, out and in. Once you perceive the offense, you’re going to ball. Get on the identical web page as Zach [Wilson], rating lots of touchdowns.”

Moore emerged at midseason final yr earlier than a quad harm ended his season in December. He had 43 catches for 538 yards and 5 touchdowns in 11 video games. Moore admitted the harm that despatched him to injured reserve late within the yr was robust to take care of.

“I used to be down at first. It actually was attending to me, to be trustworthy,” Moore stated. “Obstacles come. I’m an individual who strives myself off not what I did. It’s about what I’m going to do. I do know what I can do. … Simply put your head down and grind. That’s for anyone who’s transferring ahead and goes by means of obstacles.”

Moore stated he has already felt a distinction this spring in his second season.

“I really feel like I’m understanding what I’m doing higher,” Moore stated. “Going into Yr 2, I simply really feel prefer it’s going to be a extra clean transition so far as my project.”

Elijah Moore
Elijah Moore
Invoice Kostroun

Head coach Robert Saleh stated he feels good about the place the staff is at because the spring program concludes and the Jets take a break earlier than coaching camp opens in late July.

“Clearly I’m an optimist,” Saleh stated. “I feel we’re in a extremely, actually good place. I actually do. What it seems like from a outcomes standpoint that’s for all y’all to evaluate. However we’re quite a bit additional alongside this yr than we had been a yr in the past.”

The Jets went with a scaled down model of organized staff actions and minicamp practices, hoping to maintain the staff more healthy than it was final yr. Saleh stated they'll make adjustments to the coaching camp schedule, too.

“Coaching camp can be going to be modified some,” Saleh stated. “Clearly, we’re not modifying the contact and all that stuff. That’s gotta occur. However simply the quantity of days we’re grinding consecutively goes to be modified.”


Offensive line coach John Benton spoke to reporters for the primary time since his March arrest for driving underneath the affect. Benton stated he was unable to touch upon the arrest. Benton stated he has not heard from the NFL on any self-discipline.

“It’s nonetheless pending, so I actually can’t converse to it,” Benton stated. “ I’m joyful to do something with the Jets, however till that factor’s settled, I can’t.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post