Rob Gronkowski announces retirement from the NFL again

Rob Gronkowski is looking it a profession — once more.

The four-time Tremendous Bowl champ is retiring for the second time in his prolific profession, he introduced Tuesday in an Instagram put up.

“In school, I used to be requested to jot down a few dream job alternative that I wished to pursue and the place the placement could be. Each time I needed to write about my future, it doesn't matter what, I picked being an expert soccer participant,” Gronkowski wrote. “For that task although, we needed to decide the placement. So I wrote that I wished to play in Tampa for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, for a lot of causes, the sunny climate being #1. I fully forgot about penning this report till 2 years in the past after I had the chance to hitch the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. And let me inform ya, the journey in Tampa over the past 2 years has blown away what I initially wrote about in school, large time.”

Gronkowski, 33, went on to thank the group for “an incredible experience, trusting me to come back again to play and assist construct a championship workforce.”

“I'll now be going again into my retirement dwelling, strolling away from soccer once more with my head held excessive figuring out I gave it every part I had, good or unhealthy, each time I stepped out on the sphere,” he continued. “The friendships and relationships I've made will final eternally, and I recognize each single one in all my teammates and coaches for giving every part they'd as effectively. From retirement, again to soccer and successful one other championship and now again to chilling out, thanks to all. Buccaneers 🏴‍☠️ followers, the Krewe, with out you guys, none of that is attainable, all of ya introduced it each sport, thanks for all you do. Cheers to what’s subsequent, perhaps crusing the seas 🏴‍☠️ Arghhhhhh!!”

Although Gronkowski’s standing for the 2022 season had been up within the air, the Buccaneers expressed that they’d welcome him again to the workforce. And, ought to Tom Brady as soon as once more name for Gronkowski, the tight finish’s agent believes he may come out of retirement once more.

“It will not shock me if Tom Brady calls him through the season to come back again and Rob solutions the decision. That is simply my opinion however I wouldn’t be shocked if Rob comes again through the season or subsequent season,” Drew Rosenhaus informed ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

Rob Gronkowski announced his second NFL retirement on Tuesday.
Rob Gronkowski introduced his second NFL retirement on Tuesday.
Icon Sportswire through Getty Photos

Gronkowski spent the primary 9 seasons of his NFL profession in New England earlier than asserting in March 2019 that he’d be stepping away from the sport. He got here out of retirement a yr later to rejoin his former Patriots teammate Brady in Tampa Bay.

The five-time Professional Bowler spent the ultimate two seasons of his taking part in profession with the Buccaneers, successful his first Tremendous Bowl ring with Tampa Bay in February 2021.

The Buccaneers failed to copy their Tremendous Bowl magic through the 2021 season, nonetheless, and have been eradicated by the now-Tremendous Bowl champion Rams within the divisional spherical of the playoffs in January.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post