Baker Mayfield denies saying he’d ‘f–k up’ the Browns

Baker Mayfield has issued a forceful denial.

On an NFL Media podcast, Cynthia Frelund stated she approached Mayfield after a preseason sport in opposition to the Payments and advised him to “kick some butt” Week 1 when his Panthers play the Browns, who traded him away this offseason. To this, Frelund stated, Mayfield responded he was going to “f–okay them up.”

Chatting with reporters at Panthers observe on Wednesday, Mayfield known as faux information on the report.

“First, I didn’t say it,” Mayfield stated. “Clearly, everyone’s going to jot down no matter story they need. There’s historical past that I performed there the final 4 years. I’m a particularly aggressive particular person. All people is aware of that. If I wasn’t eager to win it could be a very large challenge, me being quarterback right here. I wish to win in all the things I do. That may by no means change.

“Now, that's not how I phrased it. That’s not even what I stated. So I’ll simply depart it at that.”

Earlier than the denial, the story had already unfold far and broad. Mayfield’s former teammate and Browns’ star move rusher Myles Garrett weighed in, saying he understands Mayfield’s aggressive fireplace. Nonetheless, Garrett intimated that the Browns would use these quotes as bulletin board materials.

Barring one other witness stepping ahead to corroborate one facet or the opposite, this one appears destined to be a she-said-he-said case till the tip of time.

Clearly, Mayfield would like to do what he’s accused of claiming he’d do. Even earlier than he was shipped out of city, he talked about feeling “disrespected” by the communication of the Browns group.

“Yeah the respect factor is all going to be a private factor, however yeah, I really feel disrespected. 100%,” Mayfield stated on a podcast in April.

Baker Mayfield faces his former team, the Browns, in Week 1.
Baker Mayfield faces his former crew, the Browns, in Week 1.
Getty Photographs

“As a result of I used to be advised one factor, and so they utterly did one other. That’s what I’m in the course of now. And you recognize what? Okay. I bought my style of it, as a result of I’ve had 4 completely different head coaches in 4 years. A bunch of various coordinators.”

The Panthers are 2.5-point favorites in opposition to the Browns in Week 1.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post