Brian Kelly, LSU beat writer exchanging jabs at press conference goes viral

Brian Kelly has discovered himself because the butt of the joke a number of occasions since his pretend accent charade after taking the LSU job, however Tuesday he tried to doll out a few of his personal jabs.

Throughout a press convention forward of LSU’s dwelling opener in opposition to Southern, Kelly teased the media members for his or her tardiness, seemingly calling out one reporter specifically.

“We’ll open it as much as this late-arriving media crowd that will need to have loved the weekend,” Kelly mentioned. “That’s often $10 that we put into the kitty. We’ll have huge bash on the finish of the yr at my place.”

LSU head coach Brian Kelly looks on during a game against Florida State at Caesars Superdome on Sept. 4, 2022 in New Orleans.
LSU head coach Brian Kelly seems on throughout a sport in opposition to Florida State at Caesars Superdome.
Getty Pictures

Leah Vann, LSU beat author for The Advocate in Baton Rouge, fired again: “Possibly if you happen to win, I’ll be on time,” referring to LSU’s heartbreaking loss to Florida State within the season opener and Kelly’s debut with the Tigers.

Twitter had a discipline day with the interplay, together with one consumer who mentioned: “If you happen to labored for me, you'd be fired. Might you be extra unprofessional?”

Vann tried to clear the air afterward, explaining that she was coming from a health care provider appointment.

“Press convention was at midday, I used to be operating from a health care provider’s appointment,” Vann tweeted. “Bought there at 11:57. Brian Kelly known as me out, mentioned jokingly I owed him $10, I mentioned if he gained perhaps I’d be on time. Not my best hour. I apologized afterward, he was tremendous chill and mentioned I nonetheless owe him $10

“I do know Brian Kelly likes to joke,” Vann continued in a thread. “He clearly took it as one from our dialog afterward. All in good enjoyable, fam.”

Fellow LSU beat reporter Glenn Guilbeau got here to Vann’s protection amid the Twitter storm, saying: “Nice comeback, Leah. He was kidding. You had been kidding. He began it. You completed it (one thing his crew couldn’t do, ha ha). Not unprofessional in any respect. Kelly has an important humorousness, not like some LSU followers.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post