Oklahoma news anchor Julie Chin suffers stroke on live TV

An Oklahoma information anchor has revealed she suffered the start of a stroke reside on air after she began stumbling over her phrases.

Julie Chin, who works for the NBC affiliate KJRH in Tulsa, was rushed to the hospital on Saturday after she discovered herself struggling to learn the teleprompter in entrance of her.

“The previous few days are nonetheless somewhat little bit of a thriller, however my docs imagine I had the beginnings of a stroke reside on the air Saturday morning. A few of you witnessed it firsthand, and I’m so sorry that occurred,” Chin mentioned in a Fb publish late Sunday.

“The episode appeared to have come out of nowhere. I felt nice earlier than our present,” she continued.

“Nevertheless, over the course of a number of minutes throughout our newscast issues began to occur. First, I misplaced partial imaginative and prescient in a single eye. A bit of bit later my hand and arm went numb. Then, I knew I used to be in huge hassle when my mouth wouldn't converse the phrases that have been proper in entrance of me on the teleprompter.”

Julie Chin
Julie Chin, who works for the NBC affiliate KJRH in Tulsa, Oklahoma, suffered a stroke reside on air on Saturday.
KJRH-TV
Julie Chin
Chin was rushed to the hospital after she discovered herself struggling to learn the teleprompter in entrance of her through the broadcast.
KJRH-TV

Chin had been reporting on the now-canceled NASA launch when she grew to become visibly confused and began repeating her phrases.

After struggling for a number of seconds, Chin ended up apologizing to viewers, saying, “I’m sorry, one thing is happening with me this morning.”

She rapidly handed the baton to meteorologist Annie Brown for a climate replace, however Chin did not return to the air for the rest of the published.

Julie Chin in hospital
The anchor shared a photograph of her within the hospital the place she has been present process checks — and docs imagine she suffered the beginnings of a stroke.
Fb/Julie Chin

“My co-workers acknowledged the emergency state of affairs unfolding and known as 911,” Chin mentioned in her publish.

The anchor mentioned she underwent a string of checks within the hospital to find out the reason for her on-air episode.

“At this level, docs suppose I had the beginnings of a stroke, however not a full stroke,” Chin revealed.

“There are nonetheless numerous questions, and much to comply with up on, however the backside line is I must be simply tremendous.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post