Defensive coordinator Wink Martindale mentioned rookie Dane Belton is subsequent in line at security after Xavier McKinney was placed on the reserve/non-football damage record after a bye-week damage.
McKinney fractured a number of fingers on his left hand on Nov. 2 after taking a spill whereas driving in a Can-Am car throughout what he described as a sightseeing tour in Cabos San Lucas, Mexico.
“I really feel dangerous for the man himself,’’ Martindale mentioned. “I do know he didn’t do it on function. I really feel dangerous for his teammates, however you bought a bunch of males in there which are simply selfless and wish to play for one another. They usually perceive sequence of occasions, and so they’re going to be able to step up and go play.’’

WR Richie James is now not within the concussion protocol, however he probably has misplaced his punt-return position after dropping two fumbles within the loss in Seattle. Thomas McGaughey, the particular groups coordinator, identified that James shouldn't have been carrying a long-sleeve cotton shirt beneath his jersey and blamed himself for not noticing that through the recreation.
“It was my fault,’’ McGaughey mentioned. “I ought to’ve instructed him to take it off. I’m usually throughout that. It was my fault. I slipped on that one.’’
Most ball carriers — particularly operating backs — put on quick sleeves regardless of the climate, for improved ball safety. Tucking the ball into your arm whereas carrying lengthy sleeves can result in the ball popping out.
McGaughey talked about CB Darnay Holmes and apply squad WR Kalil Pimpleton as choices to return punts, whereas not confirming that James has misplaced the job.
Head coach Brian Daboll mentioned OL Shane Lemieux “appeared good” in his first apply on Tuesday. Lemieux has not performed this season after present process toe surgical procedure in early August. He could possibly be accessible to come back off injured reserve at any time.
The Giants are skinny alongside the defensive position afterseason ending damage (torn biceps) to Nick Williams, who began seven of the primary eight video games. Martindale mentioned among the exterior linebackers have flexibility to maneuver inside, naming Jihad Ward as able to enjoying within the inside in pass-rush conditions. … DT Aaron Crawford, signed to the apply squad earlier within the week, had his contract terminated.
Post a Comment