Knicks’ Mitchell Robinson returns in limited role after injury absence

PHOENIX — As one starter exited, one other was again Sunday with the Knicks.

Cam Reddish sat out Sunday’s recreation with a groin damage, however heart Mitchell Robinson returned to the rotation within the Knicks’ 116-95 loss to the Suns.

Robinson, who suffered a sprained proper knee Nov. 4 in Philadelphia, completed with two factors, 4 rebounds and two blocked pictures in 17 minutes off the bench behind his standard backup heart, Isaiah Hartenstein.

“I’ll be all proper. Simply gotta get again in form, conditioning,” Robinson stated after the sport. “That’s the principle factor, getting my wind again, and my rhythm again. I’ll be wonderful.

“I don’t really feel that far behind. I really feel like I’m manner higher than I used to be final 12 months so far as conditioning-wise. However since this occurred, I gotta construct it again up.”

Robinson, who has missed prolonged time earlier in his profession with foot and hand accidents, performed the sport with a brace on his knee, and he admitted noticing it throughout the recreation.

Phoenix Suns guard Duane Washington Jr. (4) drives to the basket against New York Knicks center Mitchell Robinson (23) in the first half at Footprint Center.
Mitchell Robinson’s return bolsters the Knicks’ heart rotation.
Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports activities

“I do know that it’s there,” Robinson stated. “My thoughts is continually enthusiastic about that as a substitute of enjoying. So I feel I [have to] work out a option to simply go together with it.”

Requested if the place the brace was messing with him psychologically, Robinson added, “Considerably, like, it’s there. I do know it’s there. Clearly, I don’t wish to get damage once more.”


Third-string heart Jericho Sims had been efficient in Robinson’s eight-game absence, however coach Tom Thibodeau stated earlier than the sport that solely “two [centers] will play most video games.” Hartenstein drew two fast fouls within the first quarter, and Sims wound up enjoying 16 minutes with 5 factors and 5 boards.


Jalen Brunson’s streak of 46 consecutive made free throws ended with a third-quarter miss, the second-longest streak in franchise historical past since NBA play-by-play logs had been recorded in 1997-98. Courtney Lee nonetheless holds the franchise file with 52 in 2017-18.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post