‘Jeopardy!’ host Ken Jennings defends NSFW ‘What’s a hoe?’ answer — 18 years later

As soon as a “hoe,” all the time a “hoe.”

Former “Jeopardy!” champion and present host Ken Jennings nonetheless thinks he deserves to be compensated for his notorious NSFW reply given throughout gameplay in 2004.

“Okay, so there’s, like, an 18-year-old clip of me on ‘Jeopardy!’ circulating on TikTok the place there’s a clue about ‘an immoral pleasure seeker’ that has the identical identify as a long-handled backyard instrument,” the 48-year-old defined in a video posted to the present’s TikTok account.

“And the gamers are purported to say, ‘What's a rake?’ And I say, ‘What's a hoe?’ and TikTok has apparently simply found this and is delighted.”

Whereas his reply initially created a memorable second for viewers and late host Alex Trebek, folks these days on TikTok nonetheless don’t perceive why Jennings’ guess was incorrect.

“I keep in mind shouting the identical reply on the TV when it aired, and my entire household burst out laughing,” one individual commented on the reason.

Alex Trebek and Ken Jennings on "Jeopardy! The Greatest of All Time" in 2020.
Alex Trebek and Ken Jennings on “Jeopardy! The Best of All Time” in 2020.
ABC through Getty Pictures

“I’ve by no means heard of an individual known as a rake,” one other stated.

Nevertheless, Merriam-Webster defines a rake as “a dissolute individual.”

“Ive all the time stated that ought to have been accepted,” one other echoed.

@jeopardy

Replying to @geekedoutdiva Re: Hoe. The 🐐 has spoken. Jeopardy! #bts#fyp#foryoupage

♬ authentic sound – Jeopardy!

“I believe the thought is the clue says it’s ‘an immoral pleasure seeker,’ and we don’t wish to characterize all hoes that method,” Jennings continued. “Rakes, apparently, we’re okay with that aspersion on their character.

“I nonetheless assume I used to be shafted, fairly frankly. I believe I’m owed $200 and, you recognize, possibly the writers ought to get a pool collectively,” he joked.

Ken Jennings on ABC's "The Chase"
“I nonetheless assume I used to be shafted, fairly frankly. I believe I’m owed $200 and, you recognize, possibly the writers ought to get a pool collectively,” Jennings joked on TikTok.
ABC through Getty Pictures

Whether or not or not that can ever occur seemingly lies within the destiny of “Jeopardy!” judges and producers. As for the web, they’re processing the truth that the popular culture second occurred so way back.

“Wait, you’re telling me it’s been 18 YEARS? I’m sufficiently old to recollect issues that occurred 18 years in the past?!” one TikTok consumer commented.

“This man has aged possibly 18 months over the course of 18 years good LORD,” one other stated of Jennings.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post