Chris Redd claims bloody sucker-punch attack wasn’t random: ‘It was planned’

Chris Redd doesn’t consider his “random” assault was really random in any respect.

The “Saturday Evening Stay” alum, 37, mirrored on the unprovoked assault in New York Metropolis that left him with facial fractures in a Tuesday look on SiriusXM’s “The Bennington Present.”

Within the interview, Redd joked that information of the October incident “did wonders” for promotion of his HBO Max particular “Why Am I Like This?”

“No promotion was higher than getting knocked within the f—–g face,” Redd argued. “Individuals didn’t even know I had a particular out, they usually have been like, ‘Aw, hope he’s OK! What particular?’”

He added that he’ll “most likely launch the footage” of the bloody act “and do a voice-over factor.”

Jokes apart, the Emmy-winning funnyman has suspicions in regards to the one-sided altercation.

TMZ reported that Chris Redd was feeling “very completely happy and lucky” regardless of his ordeal.
TMZ

The “Kenan” actor was dropped off on the Comedy Cellar on Oct. 26 to carry out a set when a person dressed as a safety guard decked him “out of nowhere” on MacDougal Road, in keeping with cops and sources.

“There was blood in all places,” a supply informed Web page Six on the time. 

The suspect ran off earlier than police arrived, however the assault was believed to have been caught on surveillance footage. No arrests have been made.

1 of 5
Blood on a staircase after Chris Redd's attack
Blood on a staircase after Redd was attacked at NYC’s Comedy Cellar.
TMZ
Redd was attacked on Oct. 26 at NYC's Comedy Cellar.
Redd was attacked on Oct. 26 at NYC’s Comedy Cellar.
TMZ

Commercial
NEW YORK, NEW YORK - SEPTEMBER 24: Chris Redd attends Global Citizen Festival 2022: New York at Central Park on September 24, 2022 in New York City. (Photo by Rob Kim/Getty Images for Global Citizen)
“I’m going to say, it was a deliberate scenario. That’s what I really feel in my coronary heart and soul. That’s what I noticed on the footage,” Redd mentioned.
Getty Photos for World Citizen

Commercial

“I’m going to say, it was a deliberate scenario. That’s what I really feel in my coronary heart and soul. That’s what I noticed on the footage,” Redd revealed.

“Individuals referred to as it a random assault. I don’t consider that,” he defined. “He waited for me an hour earlier than I bought there. He was on the telephone, he had a lookout dude and every part. All I’m saying is that this, I’ve by no means performed nothing random the place it took me an hour to do it. I’ve by no means simply randomly did a factor that took a build-up. That’s not what ‘random’ is.

Redd’s comedy particular, “Why Am I Like This?,” premiered final month. He departed “SNL” in September as a part of a giant exodus of huge names.

“Being a part of ‘SNL’ has been the expertise of a lifetime,” Redd mentioned in a assertion shared on social media on the time. “5 years in the past, I walked into 30 Rock figuring out that this was a tremendous alternative for development.

“Now, with associates who've change into household and recollections I'll cherish ceaselessly, I’m grateful to Lorne Michaels and to your complete ‘SNL’ group. From the underside of my coronary heart, I can’t thanks all sufficient.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post