Alec Bohm says ‘I f–king hate this place’ after Phillies fans’ sarcastic cheer

Phillies third baseman Alec Bohm mentioned he let his feelings get one of the best of him when he dropped an F-bomb in Philadelphia’s 5-4 comeback win in opposition to the Mets on Monday.

After the sport, Bohm apologized for being caught on digicam saying, “I f–king hate this place” to Phillies teammate Didi Gregorius, apparently referring to Philadelphia.

Bohm appeared pissed off after listening to sarcastic cheers from followers at Residents Financial institution Park, when he made a routine play at third on the high of the second. The taunting got here after he dedicated two throwing errors.

Cameras captured a closeup of Bohm through the heated second, which he was requested about after the sport.

“Look, feelings acquired one of the best of me. I mentioned it. Do I imply it? No,” Bohm instructed reporters. “It’s a irritating evening for me, clearly. Made just a few errors within the subject.

“Look, these individuals, these followers, they only need to win. You heard it, we come again, they’re nice. I’m simply sorry to them. I don’t imply that and feelings simply acquired one of the best of me.”

When requested by a reporter, “So that you really love this place?” Bohm smiled and mentioned, “You realize what, yeah I do.”

Phillies supervisor Joe Girardi mentioned, “I believe it’s a child that was pissed off. I don’t suppose that child was referring to, you understand, the town of Philadelphia, the followers. I believe he was referring to the state of affairs he was in.

“Put your self in his footwear. That’s acquired to be a troublesome place. I instructed him I’ve been there. I’ve had three handed balls. I’ve had handed balls to lose a recreation. In that state of affairs, you hate all the things. Take into consideration what he was feeling. It’s not a enjoyable state of affairs.”

Bohm made three errors at third base within the first three innings. His first occurred when he charged a ball that bounced off Ranger Suarez’s glove and threw wildly to proper subject.

Alec Bohm fields a ball in a 2021 game
Alec Bohm fields a ball in a 2021 recreation
AP

His second error within the second inning was on a routine grounder that he threw over first baseman Rhys Hoskins and into foul territory. Bohm’s third error was a throw that compelled Hoskins off the bag.

Bohm’s struggles got here at a time when he’s preventing for the third base job over rookie Bryson Stott. The 25-year-old Bohm was chosen by the Phillies with the third choose within the 2018 draft out of Wichita State College and was thought of one of many jewels of the Phillies farm system earlier than his arrival within the massive leagues.

Earlier than Monday’s win over the Mets, Girardi mentioned he determined to begin Bohm over Scott due to earlier success in opposition to Mets starter Taijuan Walker.

“He’s had success off of Walker. And as I mentioned, they’re each going to play. I believe it’s essential they each play,” Girardi mentioned.

The Phillies trailed 4-0 earlier than they scored 5 runs within the eighth in opposition to two Mets relievers for a surprising comeback.

Philadelphia performs host to the Mets Tuesday and Wednesday to finish a three-game sequence between the NL East rivals.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post